When the official ICS is pushed, will I be able to run the update firmware option to upgrade even though I'm on a leaked build?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-12-2012 06:43 AM
    all depends, do you have a custom recovery or uninstalled sprint bloat? if so no, if you are stock rooted with no recovery and kept the bloat then yes. I was on stock rooted el29 and upgraded to official ota.
    06-12-2012 08:05 AM
    If you're on a leaked ICS build now, no you will not be able to install the official ICS update. You would either need to flash it manually, or roll back to stock EL29.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-2012 11:09 AM
    all depends, do you have a custom recovery or uninstalled sprint bloat? if so no, if you are stock rooted with no recovery and kept the bloat then yes. I was on stock rooted el29 and upgraded to official ota.
    I'm on FFo2 with standard everything.

06-12-2012 04:11 PM
    I'm on FFo2 with standard everything.

You would need to be on stock, unaltered (rooted is okay) EL29 Gingerbread in order to install a OTA ICS update.
    thenameisnigel likes this.
    06-12-2012 05:58 PM
    If we don't get this ICS soon....it's gonna melt and be all icky.
    06-13-2012 06:44 PM
    i keep my ice cream sandwich in the freezer
    06-13-2012 07:27 PM
    I suppose it's coming out the day of out after the release of the SIII.

06-13-2012 07:44 PM
    I suppose it's coming out the day of out after the release of the SIII.

God I hope your right...tired of waiting....
    06-13-2012 08:13 PM
    I hope it's released soon. I loved it on my Nexus S. I don't miss it enough to switch back from my epic touch.
    06-14-2012 04:33 AM
    Sooner or later though, there just might be power outage...or even worse, the copper could split and leak out all the freon rendering it useless. So the best thing to do is to eat the whole box before it gets there.....

Regardless, my Epic touch has been doing some weird crap lately. Like defaulting to 10 minute screen timeouts. Defaulting to speakerphone. Erratic sluggishness. I haven't added ANY new apps in al least 2 months so I'm chalking it up to an errand update that borked something. Regardless....just give me my damn ice cream sammich loaded with oreos and a slice of bacon on top!
    06-14-2012 07:34 PM
    Gator,

I've actually been getting "weird" behavior as well. My screen timeout (where it gets dim) ends up at like 15 seconds. On top of that, every 10-15 days the phone restarts. Not sure why or how, it just does. Never when its in my hand, always in my pocket. Not a huge issue so I haven't considered a hard reset. Besides, I'm closing in on the GS3 (45 days to upgrade). Id rather not have to set up a phone again.

ICS would be nice cause I've heard a lot of good things!!
    06-15-2012 07:18 AM
    can't help but think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with ICS. With touchwiz it probably won't behave much different.
    06-15-2012 02:17 PM
    can't help but think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with ICS. With touchwiz it probably won't behave much different.
    You may be right, but only those who are expecting major changes in the experience.
    06-15-2012 02:42 PM
    Im not worried about major changes, since the last GB update my location based services are absolutely horrible and unreliable, if ICS does nothing other than get it back to how it was when I bought the phone Ill be happy
    06-15-2012 02:50 PM
    i've stayed with EK02. does anyone think that will that effect the OTA ICS update
    06-15-2012 03:27 PM
    i've stayed with EK02. does anyone think that will that effect the OTA ICS update
    You should be fine to get the OTA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2012 04:45 PM
    Ice cream sandwich come out already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-15-2012 09:41 PM
    Im not worried about major changes, since the last GB update my location based services are absolutely horrible and unreliable, if ICS does nothing other than get it back to how it was when I bought the phone Ill be happy
    Yeah same hear. I know ICS isn't going to bring changes like say....a nuclear war would....but it might fix some of the bugs the last update borked. Not looking for a fireworks show out of this update but it had better be at least a firecracker.
    06-16-2012 04:18 AM
    Gator,

I've actually been getting "weird" behavior as well. My screen timeout (where it gets dim) ends up at like 15 seconds. On top of that, every 10-15 days the phone restarts. Not sure why or how, it just does. Never when its in my hand, always in my pocket. Not a huge issue so I haven't considered a hard reset. Besides, I'm closing in on the GS3 (45 days to upgrade). Id rather not have to set up a phone again.

ICS would be nice cause I've heard a lot of good things!!
    What's funny is that mine all started at the same time so it leads me to believe it's an errand app update. I still get good batt life and nothing else is effected so a hard reset isn't an option ...yet. I'm sure though, the app that caused my problems will get a new update fixing the problem. If yours keeps persisting, hard reset might be an option.

I still have a year before I get an upgrade thanks to sprint stripping me away from my 10 year premier status. Thanks Sprint!!!
    06-16-2012 04:29 AM
    Ice cream sandwich come out already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Trolls aren't welcome in this forum. We would've received a notice in Sprint Zone if it was being pushed, as we did for the Gingerbread update for the Optimus S.

06-16-2012 10:15 AM
    ^^ settle down, I believe his reply is saying he wants it to come out now, not saying that is has already come out lol
    06-16-2012 10:34 AM
    ^^ settle down, I believe his reply is saying he wants it to come out now, not saying that is has already come out lol
    Misread error on my part, my apologies to you.

06-16-2012 10:48 AM
    Yeah same hear. I know ICS isn't going to bring changes like say....a nuclear war would....but it might fix some of the bugs the last update borked. Not looking for a fireworks show out of this update but it had better be at least a firecracker.
    yup, its real frustrating sometimes, yesterday for example my Fancy Widgets weather had my location as Rising Sun Maryland, lmmfao I havent been in that location since maybe almost 2wks ago! so whack! I didnt have any of these stupid *** issues until that horrible EL29 update
    06-17-2012 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD