Google Voice Not Playing Nice w/ Sprint Visual Voicemail

nim6us

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I've integrated my Google Voice (GV) number with my account so that all my calls show up as it, and the voicemail is left on my GV account. I get a notification that I have a new voicemail, but it doesn't show up in my Sprint Visual voicemail. I mean I could live without visual voicemail if that's the case. However what I am really looking for is a icon showing new voicemails. Like with my email, if I have two unread messages, there's an email badge with a little "2" in the corner. I want to at a glance be able to see I have X number unread email, X number new voice messages, and X number unread text message. How can I accomplish this?

Last edited:

primebeatz

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint and disable Google Voice through them. It may take you a few tries to get a rep who actually knows how to do it. Google Voice was nothing but a nightmare for me.

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Call Sprint and disable Google Voice through them. It may take you a few tries to get a rep who actually knows how to do it. Google Voice was nothing but a nightmare for me.

Agreed - I had an entire day after enabling Google Voice on my Sprint number that I couldn't make or receive calls. Then, I had another day where my number was lost somewhere between Sprint and Google Voice. I almost had to have a new number assigned to my account.

Yes - avoid at all costs!

nim6us

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice has been great, I love it, I just need it to work with my voicemail Perhaps disabling visual voicemail? Everything else works great! Any other ideas?

TitanEVO

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I am using GV as well and I actually really like it. Minus what you are saying. On my EVO all I get is a notification at the top. It does not show the remaining unread or unheard messages on the app icon like the stock text or VM app does. So you are not the only one and I am unsure how to fix it.

Also texting with the GV app leaves something to be desired. I ask it not to use the stock messaging app but it still comes through on both. Oh well I will give it more time and see if maybe I have some settings wrong.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20