Anyone still running EG30???

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Any of you guys still satisfied running the eg30 build? I'm actually very happy with the things that came stock with the phone pre-apple lawsuit! Any opinions/reasons why you chose to stay?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, what was different then from now? I just got this phone and it's all up to date.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Sprint pushed out EL29 back in January (I think). The major improvement IMO was to the radio ... it fixed (or at least helped) a lot of folks who were experiencing a Loss Of Service issue. Also some other minor improvements/changes to the UI (rumored to have been in response to some of the Apple patent suits). If you google "samsung el29" you can easily find more details.

Some people didn't like a few of the UI changes (loss of scrolling wallpaper was the main one I remember), but for me I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't want the upgrade. The radios seem much more reliable to me.

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have personally never had a problem with Los or anything involving the radio in my handset. I live in St Louis Mo so that might have a lot to do with it. If an ota for ics is ever released then I may go that route but I really haven't felt that the updates were worth some of the trade-offs some other members complained of. I definitely don't want to give up my scrolling wallpaper but I believe if I go to ics in the future I'll have to???

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hah I bet there are quite a few still running EG30. Some, like you, on purpose. Some, because of the "if it ain't broke" mindset. And some because of laziness or are just unaware that new software versions are available.

Epic 4G Touch Build/Update history:

EG30 - September 2011, Release version

EK02 - December 2011, Fixed the Loss of Service (LoS) issue many people were experiencing.

EL29 - January 2012, Removed Carrier IQ software, but also removed a couple live wallpapers and disabled wallpaper scrolling.

And yes, if you update to ICS, unfortunately you will lose scrolling wallpaper in Touchwiz.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of ics, seems the gsII's on all carriers but sprint is getting it. Makes me sad. Mad. And down right awnry!

Before the December update, I only had one LoS incident but over all it was stable. Now, it seems there are a few glitches here and there that down right tick me off.....voice command comes to mind. Any who, let's all call sprint and call spam them to death!!!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's gonna be soon. You can count on that. The software is done. Sprint is just making sure everything is in order. They can't afford to have any snafoos right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37