Which Phone to Get?

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It's time to get a new business phone to replace my 5-yr old BB 8830. I spend 85% of my time in a 3G environment, with little likelihood of Sprint expanding 4G LTE to my area. My phone choices are:
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (wife just got one last weekend)
Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC EVO 4G LTE
Apple iPhone 4S
The phone's camera will seldom be used.
Which phone offers the best value?
Which phone has the best overall performance?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Add another vote for the GSIII. In my book, it's the best phone on your list. I would buy it myself but I'm perfectly happy with the GSII. I'm gonna wait to see what 2014 has to offer.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TWC_SouthPhilly

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
All really good phones ... I don't think there's actually much difference in performance and value (the E4GT should be cheaper now, so that might be a better "value"). I think it's as much a personal preference as anything. Obviously IOS is much different than Android, so that's a big choice. The E4GT is a little behind in screen technology, but still a great screen IMHO, so maybe not a big deal. If you have any WiMax now, and don't expect to get LTE any time soon, then at least the E4GT and iPhone can make use of the WiMax (where the GS3 and EVO can't).The small screen on the iPhone would be a deal breaker for me, but again that's a personal preference.

Tough choice IMO, but chances are you won't be too disappointed with any of those. Have you had any "hands on" time with all of these? I'd suggest that if at all possible. If it was me, I'd probably go for the GS3 ... but that's really the point ... its not me. :)

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Davis Rob,

One small edit: the Sprint iPhone can't use the Wimax network either. Apple didn't bake in 4g support. I agree with everything else you said though!

nb

Reactions: davis.rob

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all for your helpful inputs. l'll probably wait 1-2 weeks to decide while digesting the soon-to-be praises and barbs from owners of the new GSIII. I'm leaning (just slightly) toward the GS III, but the E4GT for $99 is certainly tempting.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I would go with the Evo4GLTE just for its long standing reliability and reduced lag that Sammy's are notorious for, not to mention their sub par radios and display screens. Just saying :p

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

blues runner

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a tough decision and you've been given many valid points to ponder. I have the E4GT and I love the phone; it does everything I need it to, and quite smoothly. Got it last November and it has come through beautifully as far as media and work stuff. Plus, if you root your device and then install a custom ROM of your liking, that's like a new phone in itself. Android is the obvious choice for me. While Apple makes great phones to be sure, I much prefer the open source reality and versatility of Android. I'm with JayWill72 in that I'd probably opt for the Galaxy S III if I'd be looking to upgrade, but I really am happy with my E4GT. As low as the price has gone for this phone, I think this is probably your best bet. But that's me of course. Happy choosing and let us know which one you decided on. :)

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The ET4G is an amazing device. The GS3 isnt a huge upgrade from the GS2 so im sticking with my ET4G til the GS4 is released.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums