Deleted Camera Pics-help

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Even though I think I'm out of luck, I'm hoping someone can help me. I used the camera to take a picture and decided I wanted to delete it. I opened the gallery, and the picture I took was on top of all the other pictures I've taken with my phone. I held down on it too long to open and it checked the picture to delete. Not thinking, I went ahead and clicked okay, but of course it deleted every picture I've ever taken with my phone. :(

I do have Astro file manager, and I had all of my pictures saved to my SD card. Is there any hope at all of locating these deleted pics?

RickzSII

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
there is software that can retrive deleted pictures from SD cards I have done this before as long as the SD card ia not formated you should be good

Did to my wifes phone

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
First - DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE PICTURES.

Taking more pictures could overwrite the "hidden" deleted files on the SD Card.

Also, of course, don't format the card.

As stated above, there is software you can use on your PC for that SD card to retrieve the deleted files. Connect the SD Card to the PC and run the recovery tool on the Drive that appears for the SD Card.

I used Recuva - worked great:

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

I had to do this for my wife's phone and it worked like a charm.

Reactions: coachdvc

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
First - DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE PICTURES.

Taking more pictures could overwrite the "hidden" deleted files on the SD Card.

Also, of course, don't format the card.

As stated above, there is software you can use on your PC for that SD card to retrieve the deleted files. Connect the SD Card to the PC and run the recovery tool on the Drive that appears for the SD Card.

I used Recuva - worked great:

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

I had to do this for my wife's phone and it worked like a charm.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! It worked! Thank you so much. I had tons of important pictures. Yes, I've already backed them up to Google+ AND Google Drive.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Glad to help. I was in your same shoes about a year ago, and was frantically searching the internet for answers - so i know how you were feeling. :)

Good thing you had them on the SD card. Cause I'm not sure how to recover pics stored on the phone itself. Maybe one of the apps mentioned above.

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you use dropbox, it has a feature that automatically uploads pictures to your dropbox account. Google+ does this, too, but I like having them in yet another location.

If you don't use dropbox, I suggest it. Free and you can earn more space by referring friends.

So if you want to join, use my link so i can get more space. :)

http://db.tt/7Tu10UbC

I also use Google drive - can never be too careful. :)

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sugarsync has the same feature to back up pictures automatically.

I cannot believe how many people take hundreds of pictures on their phone and never back them up! When their phone explodes, falls in a toilet, breaks, gets lost, gets stolen, then they are up in arms like it wasn't a possibility!

NathanCCI

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Another nice feature of using Dropbox is that it makes it way to batch upload pics to various services from your computer.

Nathan

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

whiba

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
To continue this dropbox thread... :)

The PC/desktop integration of dropbox is really the best I've seen. So easy to copy/move files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463