I currently on the old evo4g and for now I could get the s2, should i wait to upgrade to the new evo or s3 or is the s2 still a good phone for another year or so? thanks
    06-24-2012 01:06 PM
    I just upgraded to this phone from the evo 4g and I absolutely love it. It depends what you want out of your phone. The new evo or the gs3 are more powerful phones with higher resolution displays but they are also gigantic.

This phone is super fast and snappy and the size is just right for me. I think the super amoled plus display is just beautiful as well and the camera takes great pictures.

You should go to the sprint store and play with your options to see what you like best.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 01:39 PM
    You cant go wrong with the ET4G.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 02:03 PM
    thank you guys for the reply.., my wife actually has the S2 and she loves it. I just wanted to make sure the phone still a good upgrade since I would have to renew contract. I rooted all my phones. I will really think about it then, size is good and speed and I'm sure rooted is even snapier.
    06-24-2012 02:07 PM
    thank you guys for the reply.., my wife actually has the S2 and she loves it. I just wanted to make sure the phone still a good upgrade since I would have to renew contract. I rooted all my phones. I will really think about it then, size is good and speed and I'm sure rooted is even snapier.
    I got a rom on sdx developers you can try once you are rooted. Its based on the latest leak from samsung.

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=20126.0

[ROM][FF18][June 24, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.0.0_Stable

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-24-2012 02:41 PM
    Imo it depends on when you'll see LTE. This is still an amazing phone but if you think you'll get LTE within the next year it will make it tough to wait out another year of the contract. But if you get Wimax now or won't see LTE until late next year, it may be worth it.
    06-24-2012 03:20 PM
    I have SGS2E4GT too planned on upgrading to the Nexus but the size is what bothers me I have had a chance to examine (play around w/Nexus it's amazing but the real difference is ICS the E4GT has a better camera let alone NFC, LTE stick w/E4GTfor now anything over 4.5 screen size is kinda cumbersome for chest pocket or pants pocket you think?
    06-24-2012 03:27 PM
    Get a newer phone. You'll be locked in to it for two years.

The Epic Touch is a good phone, but is still running old software (as of today), It's hardware is outdated (Sprint is phasing out its WIMAX network), it has no NFC among other things.

Even if you don't plan to use the phone for those thing, I'd get the phone with a future. The Epic Touch is the past.

Sent from my E4GT
    nb
    06-25-2012 03:02 PM
    crappy GPS! If this is something you use on a daily basis like me, you will be very unhappy.
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
    06-25-2012 11:33 PM
    crappy GPS! If this is something you use on a daily basis like me, you will be very unhappy.
    The crappy gps is an issue with the gps conf. On my rom i modified it to get a better faster lock. This issue isnt a issue for me.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-26-2012 07:07 AM
    And you the GPS every day in several different parts of whatever town you live in? I would think that if you could fix this GPS problem that Samsung or sprint could do the same. I wonder why they have not fixed it for us.
    06-26-2012 09:17 AM
    Imo it depends on when you'll see LTE. This is still an amazing phone but if you think you'll get LTE within the next year it will make it tough to wait out another year of the contract. But if you get Wimax now or won't see LTE until late next year, it may be worth it.
    FYI- You can get the ET4G off contract now for $189 at cowboom. If your willing to hunt the site for a few days you should be able to pickup a condition 7. This could be a good compromise to save your upgrade in case LTE or a better phone option pans out in the next year or so, at which point you can always resell the ET4G.
    06-26-2012 11:42 AM
    Get a newer phone. You'll be locked in to it for two years.

The Epic Touch is a good phone, but is still running old software (as of today), It's hardware is outdated (Sprint is phasing out its WIMAX network), it has no NFC among other things.

Even if you don't plan to use the phone for those thing, I'd get the phone with a future. The Epic Touch is the past.

Sent from my E4GT
    nb
    The only thing I would point out is that some users may be able to enjoy solid 4G (Wimax) coverage for the ET4G right now and for the foreseeable life of the phone (1-2 more years?). I currently get solid wimax wherever I typically go, and the speed is amazing. This is the main reason I'm going to pass for now on the GS3, I couldn't stand going back to Sprints 3G for any significant amount of time before LTE is solidly deployed. Though I'll admit I am just guessing the LTE roll out is not going to be as fast as desired..
    06-26-2012 11:47 AM
    The only thing I would point out is that some users may be able to enjoy solid 4G (Wimax) coverage for the ET4G right now and for the foreseeable life of the phone (1-2 more years?). I currently get solid wimax wherever I typically go, and the speed is amazing. This is the main reason I'm going to pass for now on the GS3, I couldn't stand going back to Sprints 3G for any significant amount of time before LTE is solidly deployed. Though I'll admit I am just guessing the LTE roll out is not going to be as fast as desired..
    You are very very right.

I unfortunately, don't get WIMAX (even though I'm in Downtown DC) and 3g is next to useless. Your point is valid. It'd be foolhardy to assume Sprint will get the LTE network live quickly.

Thanks for the sanity check.

nb
    06-26-2012 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD