Searched and couldn't find this exact issue. My apologies if redundant.

Tried rooting my SPHD710 today on MAC.
    Downloaded and Installed Heimdall 1.3.1
    Downloaded and unzipped SPH-D710_FC24.tar
    Used Heimdall to get .pit(downloaded from my phone), Detect and Add factoryfs.img, modem.bin, zimage
    Started and I then got "Failed to Receive Reponse" during Loke Handshake
    Decided that was cable/port issue and changed ports. Re"detected" and restarted.
    Everything seemed to be going fine when I discovered that GANG had somehow replaced KERNEL in the Add Window. It went to 100%. I switched it back to Kernel/zimage and it would no longer recognize a download-mode device.

Phone is dead. Will not boot, turn on, start. No lights at all.

Thanks in advance - Will
    06-26-2012 06:07 PM
    What happens when you hold Vol Down and Power at the same time? No download mode either? If not, try pulling the battery for about 30 seconds, then try to boot into download mode again. If that doesn't work, and assuming your battery still has a charge, you may need a USB Jig.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-26-2012 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the quick response.

Nope, nothing...
    Should I make the JIG or buy one pre-made? Would the Sprint store be able to do anything for me or is that asking for trouble?
    06-26-2012 06:47 PM
    You can make your own Jig as well. If you got an old micro usb car charger from an older android device. Take it and cut of the head. Then pop it in. It does exactly the same thing as a overpriced Jig. Saved my a** many many times

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    06-26-2012 07:15 PM
    just made the jig and having no luck. is it critical that no solder joins pin 5 with it's mates, or pin 4 with it's mate? i think i've done it correctly...3 - 100k ohm resistors joining pin 4 and 5.
    06-27-2012 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD