I am beyond frustrated with my E4GT, along with the weak Samsung reception. I commute to work and school spend about 80% of my time their For two weeks in a row I have missed to important transit calls. I would like your opinions, should I upgrade my handset or terminate my contract early? Thanks
    06-28-2012 10:01 PM
    I am beyond frustrated with my E4GT, along with the weak Samsung reception. I commute to work and school spend about 80% of my time their For two weeks in a row I have missed to important transit calls. I would like your opinions, should I upgrade my handset or terminate my contract early? Thanks
    Do you think it's the phone? Did you have better luck with other phones on Sprint? I'm finding that Sprint's service is pertty much dog doodoo. My E4GT works great, it's where Sprint has poor service that it sucks (and it's a lot of places, especially indoors),
    06-30-2012 05:12 PM
    Have you tried walking through steps with Sprint? Sometimes they can force a PRL update and just fix issues in your account. Also there is an app called connection checker that worked wonders when I was on my Samsung Moment. Until I got my E4GT I had horrible issues. Now in areas where they have horrible connection I use fresh connect and it resets the radios and gets me my signal back

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-30-2012 06:03 PM
    I'm with the others - test a good bit more before bailing.

Maybe have a couple different phones along with you on your commute to check their signal against yours. I've found the ET to be pretty much in line with others around me.
    07-03-2012 10:25 AM
    I've tested with different phones and different roms and I'm in your same boat. To answer your question, I don't think a new phone will really help. It sounds like you are having network problems.

In my case, I've found out that Sprint and Verizon both are abysmal in my house and at my job. I'm going to switch, but I'm not sure if I'll get better service with AT&T, the only other national provider near me.
    07-03-2012 10:32 AM
    Based on your situation, I think I would take a serious look at other cell carriers and their coverage maps for those areas you mostly travel in. Not sure if a new phone will make that much of a difference unless the phone you were using now was 5-10 yrs old...then the advancements is radio tech might benefit you.

Remember, you always have the 30-day return policy with AT&T.....if the service is just as cr@ppy, return and keep Sprint.
    07-03-2012 11:47 AM
    Sprint blows chunks. I have not seen a 4g connection in three weeks. I should sue them for breach of contract. Not sure which carrier is any good anymore.
    07-03-2012 11:53 AM
    You may need GSM so ATT might be the way to go. With 30 days go see them explain your delimna. Ask to try it out on the 30 day trial DONT PORT your number yet. Take a temporary number. If it works well for you then port your number over and that will end your contract with Sprint. This way if it doesn't you can walk away from ATT with no hassle

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
    07-03-2012 12:19 PM
    Thanks Jude526,

I'm in the same boat and have been wondering whether I should port my number directly or not. I've decided to forward my calls from Sprint until I know whether the service works where I need it to. I'm also going with an unlocked Nexux so I can try as many providers as I need to.

NB
    07-03-2012 03:32 PM
    To the OP.

I recently picked up an Unlocked Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play store. Long story short, the T-Mobile Prepaid I put it on is cheaper and I went from regularly having a 60-100kbs connection with Sprint to 3,000 - 8,000kbs connection.

That's worth the ETF in my opinion.
    NB
    07-08-2012 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD