Decided to Keep GS2 Instead of GS3

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
There I was at the Sprint store with a GS3 in my hand ready to spend so cash. Why didn't I do it? I have to say the GS3 screen is not bad, but is really "dull" compared to the GS2. From a purely non-technical perspective, the GS2 screen just looks better - richer, bolder, more readable.

Yes I screwed around with the brightness etc. For like an hour.

Plus goshdangitall I actually get incredible 4G wimax speeds at my office, not ready to go down to 3G. Think I will sit out this upgrade.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty interesting. I've been deliberating about the same thing though I have been using an iP3G and have been thinking that the bang for the buck might be far better by getting a much less expensive GS2 Skyrocket (ATT) instead of spending the $$ on the GS3. I'm quite sure the SR will see the ICS update very soon and potentially some Jelly Bean ROMS as well. And at a fraction of the price, the hardware isn't that much below the GS3, not to mention far more development since it's been out longer.

Am not about to jump over to Sprint though regardless. Just thought your post was interesting and there is some debate going on in the Skyrocket forum about this as well.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I got my S2ET4G, I have always thought that the screen looked over saturated and I always ran it at or below 50% brightness. It was a nice screen but I think the S3 is more true to color and realistic but run it just up above 50% and am VERY happy with it.

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

Reactions: Uncle Louie

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting. I will say that apart from being low rez compared to newer phones, this screen is still gorgeous next to one of them. I actually really like the deep saturation.

If it were a television it would be different but I think a little phone screen should be bright, and rich, and and vibrant.

That being said I'm sure if I had a gs3 I'd be bias as hell. Nothing wrong with loving what you've got.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

cdemot02

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sitting at the table with my lady while she tries to check in with her horrible GPS yet I do mine in two seconds on gsiii. No gsii for me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

blitzen89

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Dont shoot me or anything... but I really feel like the S3 isnt really that much of a difference from this... Hell, if we were up to date on the software front I probably wouldn't really consider dropping any money for an incremental upgrade... (note: I would love to have an S3 but I just feel theres not enough to justify buying it out of pocket, one more year till upgrade)...

to the point, love the screen :D

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There's no way I can go back to 3G for an unspecified amount of time. 4G is actually pretty good here & 3G is atrocious. By the time LTE is live, I'm sure the GS4 and/or next Nexus phone will be ready, so I'll pass on the GS3 as well. Very nice phone but w/o an actual LTE network, it's not worth the upgrade.

Plus, I'm sure Sammy will neglect it on the upgrade side, just like they have the E4GT. So no dice for me...

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't like its shape or the big stupid button. Its a touch screen, why the hell did they put an old fashioned push button in it. Hokey looking.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep without sufficient lte coverage here in Chicago this 10 month old device is still the best thing smoking. 4g is just about everywhere in here... But run intoa gap in coverage and your suck withthat useless 3G & no phones worth that galaxy nexus / iPhone / GS3 or Viper unuseable. But Sprints working on upgrading, & so are Google, Samsung and the rest of the phone manufactures

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Really digging this EG4T - screen is beautiful, fourgee is beast, handset size is perfect. Quite functional. No problems at all. I can wait for the next upgrade. Here's to the long term evolution!

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
There's no way I can go back to 3G for an unspecified amount of time. 4G is actually pretty good here & 3G is atrocious. By the time LTE is live, I'm sure the GS4 and/or next Nexus phone will be ready, so I'll pass on the GS3 as well. Very nice phone but w/o an actual LTE network, it's not worth the upgrade.

Plus, I'm sure Sammy will neglect it on the upgrade side, just like they have the E4GT. So no dice for me...

Ditto!

Sent from my SPH-D710

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my SGSIIE4GT today but I too was hell bent on getting that SGSIII in my hands as soon as the upgrade was available. After I was told by all of the reps that work at my local Sprint store that just about all of the III's have been returned for a busy signal issue when on a phone call that only a battery pull would take care of (same with new HTC) which they believe is caused by us barely having 3G service let alone no LTE in the near future, I save $100 and went with the II. And I'm loving it (considering I'm coming from a Crapberry Style, ugh). And loving the forums!!!! :)

mitsueks

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
With LTE on in San Antonio the SIII is a beast. Co-Worker ran a 31 mb download and 24 mb upload... My SII pulled 11 MB down so not to bad but if you are in a city with LTE on it's worth it. If not then there is no way to run a phone that bad @$$ on Sprints 3G.

He123321

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I got the SGSIII on release date, and returned it on the following day. I loved everything about the phone until I found out my area wont get LTE service until late 2013. 3G speeds in my area are awful, but I get great Wimax speeds.

So I picked up the SGSII on Sprint's Business side of their site for $0.99. I couldn't see my self dropping $200 for a phone on crippled 3G network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad