I am actually typing this for someone elses phone. This time, it isn't mine. This person rooted their phone, and somehow along the way, seems to have deleted the original nv_data.bin file. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure what exactly happened, but looking at the esf folder through root explorer, no file is there. Likewise, the service and even phone's ability to connect to wifi are now disabled. When I try to look up the IMIE, its completely blank, which makes me think that this is the root of the problem.

I have tried various methods to bring this phone back to life, including but not limited to: GSII_Repair (who keeps telling me that I'm missing the bak and md5 files), HC-kTool (which does absolutely nothing), and other apps that promised to restore efs folders. I have downloaded nv_data.bak files from the internet (although I can't say I can tell what they originally had been for) and tried editing them on Hexeditor. So far, nothing.

Is there anything anyone can suggest before I raise the white flag of surrender? This phone is literally brand new. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    07-05-2012 07:40 AM
    Would flashing a new rom do the trick?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-05-2012 10:02 AM
    Will the phone boot into download mode by holding Vol Down and Power at the same time from an off state? Assuming it will, I'd suggest flashing the stock rooted EL29 Odin One-Click.

You can find a link to the download files and instructions here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/epi...-firmware.html

This will return it to a stock, rooted state and should get it up and running again.
    07-05-2012 11:46 AM
    I would like to know if you finally fix it? I have the same $%&? problem with my SGS2 AT&T i777. HEEEEEEEELLLLPPP MEEEEE please!
    08-23-2012 06:33 PM
    I would like to know if you finally fix it? I have the same $%&? problem with my SGS2 AT&T i777. HEEEEEEEELLLLPPP MEEEEE please!
    Thank for reviving a dead thread. -____- We can not be of much assistance, as AT&T is a GSM based carrier , and Sprint is CDMA and I'm pretty sure your phones software is much different. Try the Skyrocket forums.

Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Android Central Forums
    08-24-2012 03:25 AM
    Well if resolving the issue for the E4GT was to use Odin... I would Imagine that the AT&T SGS2 i777 would be a similar fix. Search your device and try to find a STOCK Odin file that you can flash in download mode.
    08-24-2012 04:08 PM
    If you were able to get the imei no. back. Please tell me how, because i'm having the same problem on my htc explorer and its not even 3 months old.
    Please help me!!!!
    09-01-2012 01:24 AM
    If you were able to get the imei no. back. Please tell me how, because i'm having the same problem on my htc explorer and its not even 3 months old.
    Please help me!!!!
    RUU

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    deepsagarj likes this.
    09-02-2012 11:14 PM
    Thanks buddy, I flashed RUU but now my phone gets reset sometimes while I'm using it and also the wifi hotspot application is not there. Can you tell me how to get it back and also tell me how I can stop the reset thing.
    And thanks again for the help.
    09-05-2012 05:09 AM
    Thanks buddy, I flashed RUU but now my phone gets reset sometimes while I'm using it and also the wifi hotspot application is not there. Can you tell me how to get it back and also tell me how I can stop the reset thing.
    And thanks again for the help.
    Just do another factory reset, flash RUU again , and you should be good. Sorry, about that, I should've said that first.
    09-05-2012 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD