4G doesn't work for some applications?

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues as me; starting around last week, some applications just don't work so well with my phone using 4G, and I'm forced to switch to 3G to complete the task. Some repeated tasks I have not been able to complete with 4G would be: updating applications with Google Play (since newest version), updating articles on Flipboard, opening articles on Flipboard, and sometimes opening Facebook. And it's not that my 4G has disconnected or gone to sleep, because I can exit out of the non working app and easily go into many other apps with no network problems, yet returning to these repeated tasks with 4G continues to give me problems.

cbernardo

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues as me; starting around last week, some applications just don't work so well with my phone using 4G, and I'm forced to switch to 3G to complete the task. Some repeated tasks I have not been able to complete with 4G would be: updating applications with Google Play (since newest version), updating articles on Flipboard, opening articles on Flipboard, and sometimes opening Facebook. And it's not that my 4G has disconnected or gone to sleep, because I can exit out of the non working app and easily go into many other apps with no network problems, yet returning to these repeated tasks with 4G continues to give me problems.

chosenhobo,

I'm also having similar problems, especially with the Google Play. I can't download anything. I have to switch to my 3g. I'm not sure I've noticed anything else giving me a hard time. Have you tried wiping cache and dalvik, see if that helps with it? I've tried everything with Google Play. I've installed an older apk, deleted com.android.vender or whatever it is. But as soon as Google Play updates, I no longer can dl on 4g in the market

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I never had this issue while I was on my s2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here, Google play won't download on 4G, other apps seem to be behaving 'normal' and by normal I mean I mean several apps wont wake 4G up from sleep/standby and some will.

Sent from my SPH-D710

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here, Google play won't download on 4G, other apps seem to be behaving 'normal' and by normal I mean I mean several apps wont wake 4G up from sleep/standby and some will.

Sent from my SPH-D710

That is the exact description of what's happening with me, when did your issues start up for you? For me it was around a week or two ago

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The market, er play, downloads started acting up 2-3 days ago when Google added magazines to Play. the symptom of 4G not waking up from sleep/standby had been since day one.

Sent from my SPH-D710

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I was just about to start a thread about this same issue. I thought it was just me with the Google play and 4g problem. Any advice on a fix?

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
same issue here.. frustrating for sure.

Dont really want to upgrade to ICS with all the issues going on there either...

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I was just in a 4G zone in my town, and I can now say that I couldn't update any market apps over the 4G. :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC