I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues as me; starting around last week, some applications just don't work so well with my phone using 4G, and I'm forced to switch to 3G to complete the task. Some repeated tasks I have not been able to complete with 4G would be: updating applications with Google Play (since newest version), updating articles on Flipboard, opening articles on Flipboard, and sometimes opening Facebook. And it's not that my 4G has disconnected or gone to sleep, because I can exit out of the non working app and easily go into many other apps with no network problems, yet returning to these repeated tasks with 4G continues to give me problems.
    07-07-2012 02:29 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same issues as me; starting around last week, some applications just don't work so well with my phone using 4G, and I'm forced to switch to 3G to complete the task. Some repeated tasks I have not been able to complete with 4G would be: updating applications with Google Play (since newest version), updating articles on Flipboard, opening articles on Flipboard, and sometimes opening Facebook. And it's not that my 4G has disconnected or gone to sleep, because I can exit out of the non working app and easily go into many other apps with no network problems, yet returning to these repeated tasks with 4G continues to give me problems.
    chosenhobo,

I'm also having similar problems, especially with the Google Play. I can't download anything. I have to switch to my 3g. I'm not sure I've noticed anything else giving me a hard time. Have you tried wiping cache and dalvik, see if that helps with it? I've tried everything with Google Play. I've installed an older apk, deleted com.android.vender or whatever it is. But as soon as Google Play updates, I no longer can dl on 4g in the market
    07-08-2012 01:37 AM
    I never had this issue while I was on my s2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-08-2012 01:46 AM
    Same issue here, Google play won't download on 4G, other apps seem to be behaving 'normal' and by normal I mean I mean several apps wont wake 4G up from sleep/standby and some will.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    07-09-2012 08:13 PM
    Same issue here, Google play won't download on 4G, other apps seem to be behaving 'normal' and by normal I mean I mean several apps wont wake 4G up from sleep/standby and some will.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    That is the exact description of what's happening with me, when did your issues start up for you? For me it was around a week or two ago
    07-10-2012 02:44 PM
    The market, er play, downloads started acting up 2-3 days ago when Google added magazines to Play. the symptom of 4G not waking up from sleep/standby had been since day one.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    07-10-2012 05:41 PM
    I was just about to start a thread about this same issue. I thought it was just me with the Google play and 4g problem. Any advice on a fix?
    07-10-2012 09:27 PM
    Wait for ICS or an update to Google Play..... Otherwise just switch to 3g or wifi
    07-11-2012 11:09 AM
    Sprint 3g? Lol...... Good one
    pepino1256 and GRIMMJOW213 like this.
    07-11-2012 06:58 PM
    same issue here.. frustrating for sure.

Dont really want to upgrade to ICS with all the issues going on there either...
    07-13-2012 03:51 PM
    same here very frustrating since 3G takes forever ...
    07-13-2012 09:02 PM
    I was just in a 4G zone in my town, and I can now say that I couldn't update any market apps over the 4G. :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 09:12 PM
    I can confirm that app downloads now work over 4g with the OTA ICS update

Sent from my SPH-D710
    roblee37 and Uglyfido like this.
    07-13-2012 10:13 PM
    I can confirm that app downloads now work over 4g with the OTA ICS update

Sent from my SPH-D710
    I can also confirm that 4G and the market are playing nice again after the ICS upgrade. :-)

07-14-2012 07:55 PM
    I can also confirm that 4G and the market are playing nice again after the ICS upgrade. :-)

I can confirm this as well. 4G is working awesome with the market now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-15-2012 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD