I live in Macomb Michigan and I work in Flint Michigan and I recently noticed that in Flint, I get lower bars but higher data speeds. And in Macomb I get great bars but very slow data speeds. Any reason for this? I've heard of these airave things but I don't know if sprint will even chuck up one for free....? How much do I have to pester them to get one? And does anyone think that the radio will get a tune up in ICS...? I love this phone except for the radio and no ics.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-09-2012 07:45 AM
    I can't comment on the first half but I can tell you that I have ICS and the connectivity is essentially the same. I live in the middle of the city and at my house I'm roaming, lol. Gotta love it.
    07-09-2012 09:56 AM
    It's kinda ridiculous. The only reason I am with sprint is because it is unlimited. I would spend a fortune at other carriers because I use my phone for nearly everything. It's too bad I am stuck on a sub par network right now. Not to mention I get a discount from work! 13 years with sprint and didn't realize it was getting this bad.

07-09-2012 10:05 AM
    Bars aren't necessarily a good indicator for data speeds. You may have a strong signal from a tower, but that tower may be overloaded with concurrent data connections that is affecting your and everyone else's speeds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-2012 10:11 AM
    Oh I guess I didn't think about it too logically. I don't mean to be trolllin.

07-09-2012 10:26 AM
    Oh I guess I didn't think about it too logically. I don't mean to be trolllin.

Naw its still a valid concern. Sprint's data network is in bad shape, but hopefully their Network Vision campaign along with the LTE rollout will bring them back in line with their competition. Although, if we ever see that happen, don't be surprised to see unlimited data get cut for new customers. I believe the only reason Sprint still has unlimited data is because their network is in such poor shape.

redhdgirl417 likes this.
    07-09-2012 11:05 AM
    I know when I would go up to birch Run the signal gets choppy only because the towers are fewer and far between or they put them to accommodate he populated areas and it leaves holes. I am in Macomb Township all the time and it's really a matter of how many people connected at the same time. Voice I never have an issue but data can cut out. It's like I was downtown near Come Rica and had crap signal, because the baseball game was going and all the cell users. Soon as I got to Mexican town I was flying on data

07-09-2012 11:27 AM
    I live in Davison, 10 miles east of Flint, and we've noticed over the past couple of years our signal is getting weaker and weaker. Just got this phone today and thank God for our wireless in my house as I have ZERO bars of service.
    07-16-2012 06:00 PM
    Flint I get the best service loll! That's the best place that I have gotten. Anywhere on i75 I get awesome reception... That's it lol

redhdgirl417 likes this.
    07-16-2012 07:09 PM
    I live in Utica, work in Warren. Right now Sprint is upgrading over 700 towers in the state.

Indianapolis & East Michigan are scheduled to be in the Second Round of Sprint Network Vision/LTE Deployment in 2012 - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Reception is spotty all over. 3G is being upgraded, 4G added and LTE added. BIG upgrades, but service will be spotty for a while.
    redhdgirl417 likes this.
    07-17-2012 07:19 AM
    Hey I work in Warren toooo! At the tech center! Small world!

07-17-2012 09:40 PM
    Hey I work in Warren toooo! At the tech center! Small world!

HAHA! I'm half a mile from you at Oshkosh Defense off Tank Ave.!

Small World indead!
    07-18-2012 07:09 AM
    I live in Grand Blanc, Mi five minutes from Flint, Mi and work in Auburn Hills Mi. I can tell you that the signal in Grand Blanc is spotty, but I get the same results in Auburn Hill. Personally I think the Sprint Network in this area has not been touched in years and that is why the signal is not so great.
    redhdgirl417 likes this.
    07-18-2012 09:09 AM
    I live in Grand Blanc, Mi five minutes from Flint, Mi and work in Auburn Hills Mi. I can tell you that the signal in Grand Blanc is spotty, but I get the same results in Auburn Hill. Personally I think the Sprint Network in this area has not been touched in years and that is why the signal is not so great.
    Click on the [HL]BLUE [/HL]text in my post above....you'll see why.
    07-18-2012 09:20 AM
    HAHA! I'm half a mile from you at Oshkosh Defense off Tank Ave.!

Small World indead!
    I Live right down Van Dyke and my dad works at that US manufacturing at the tank plant area.

07-20-2012 11:06 AM
    That's so cool! Lol! I didn't think that I would find people from around here on the forum

07-20-2012 12:22 PM
    Ya never know man..... it's a small world thanks to tech.
    07-20-2012 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD