Ice Cream Sandwich on July 12, according to screen shot

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm just looking forward to finally getting a published kernel source. AOSP ICS ROM developers have done a nice job with Samsung's stock kernel, but I still prefer a custom kernel built from the source code.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm just looking forward to finally getting a published kernel source. AOSP ICS ROM developers have done a nice job with Samsung's stock kernel, but I still prefer a custom kernel built from the source code.

It is nice to have source code but I like the fact that we got CM9. AOKP. And AOSP. Repacked the Touchwiz kernel and built it for AOSP roms. That takes talent.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as ice cream sandwich goes on my e4gt, it will still have touchwiz over it right? I loaded the cm9 rom onto my phone. I do like some of the touchwiz's features, but I am really enjoying cm9. There are a few apps that are on my phone that don't work on rooted handsets, and my battery life was better when my phone was stock. Should I stay on a custom rom or go back to GB and upgrade to ICS? I would be willing to listen to any suggestions. Oh and its about time, I knew as soon as I rooted and loaded ICS that it would come out for our phones....

XxNitr0xX

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I knew as soon as I rooted and loaded ICS that it would come out for our phones....

Same here. I haven't even flashed a ROM yet, freshly rooted..

Since I am only rooted, using the stock ROM still, am I able to accept and download the update or do I need to completely unroot first? I'm also running CWM Recovery (Rogue)

Last edited:

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am glad Samsung has released the kernel source code which means ics will be released tomorrow.

Sent from the Android Central Forum app. Thanks Android Central.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I haven't even flashed a ROM yet, freshly rooted..

Since I am only rooted, using the stock ROM still, am I able to accept and download the update or do I need to completely unroot first? I'm also running CWM Recovery (Rogue)

Not with Rogue recovery on there no. Rooted is okay, but you have to be 100% stock, including recovery.

smackema1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
:confused: as always sprint is the last to rls something and im sure it will be riddled with bugs and bearly any nice tweaks.ill port to it for a day or two then a dev will post a rooted custom with its kernel and ill be slap happy :-$

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I know I am ready for this damn update.... It needs to be done. And hopefully it takes away the radio and battery issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums