Official - I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update. I have a new battery in my phone so maybe that is why but I am not having any atypical battery performance. My battery life has always sucked ;-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Guess what I finally got...

Screenshot_2012-07-13-07-11-12.png

I went ahead and did the manual update last night and so far I could not be happier with it. A lot of stuff is different but I'm getting used to it pretty quickly. Everything works just fine all my apps are functioning normally, I am finally able to install Chrome! Oh and now my Plume widget scrolls! hooray!

Last edited:

sherbon05

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
rocket321 You are the king I used the .zip file you supplied and I am in Ice Cream Heaven. I updated last night have a full charge now, Have not noticed any issues whatsoever will update later as far as battery life. A million thank you's!

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
stillllll waiting. i downloaded the manual update but cheated since i dont have a pc...
cant get it to work. i have the update.zip on my external sd. downloaded it directly on my phone through opera.

but when i do the manual update fron recovery it gives me the little dude with a warning marker lol. any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys I got the Official OTA and posted the update.zip file for everyone who is impatient and wants it now. Its in the development section of android Centrak

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
stillllll waiting. i downloaded the manual update but cheated since i dont have a pc...
cant get it to work. i have the update.zip on my external sd. downloaded it directly on my phone through opera.

but when i do the manual update fron recovery it gives me the little dude with a warning marker lol. any suggestions?

That is 110% Normal

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge and downloaded the manual update. Had a few minor issues (Play store wouldn't open, swype didn't work, google+ reverted to old version) but finally got those ironed out. Enjoying ICS. It's much more visually appealing...

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

First when you placed the file on the root of the SD card did you rename it "update.zip" if not do that and try again. If you did rename it just try it again and give the little warning dude a minute. When I did the update on my phone he stood there for a while before the update actually started.

havmav

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone in northern california (Sprint) get the update yet?
Still no push OTA or manual update for me yet :(

Last edited:

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried installing it without the computer yesterday through my phone and didn't work. Once I got home last night I downloaded the file and it worked perfectly. I haven't had some of the issues as mentioned including Swype.

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update last night, cleared the data on swype and rebooted the system. Not a single issue so far. Also, used Sprint ID to just have ICS with no touchwiz. Love the new update.
Thanks to everyone on here for all your useful information.

vidroid

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Impatient for the update but no sign of it yet on my phone :( I don't have an external SD card or a PC, so I need the OTA, can't do manual yet.

Couple of people have reported getting the OTA update after clearing Google Service Framework data or cache? How's this done? Android newbie here...

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Did that manual update yesterday and the only problem I'm having is that Background data shows disabled but im getting Facebook notifications and email notifications and I'm able to download apps from the Store with it disabled. Anyone having this problem?

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not done by reigons it is completely random. If you are impatient just download the update zip file and install it manually. It's not that hard to do and it is the exact same update that is being pushed to the phones.

gtoatley

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I did it today and the issue I am having is with is with verizon.net email (thru yahoo) and exchange. I can send email, but I only get blank spaces in the inbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair