08-20-2012 02:04 PM
366 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Got notice yesterday and upgraded via Kies. Now the "resident" email app wont display the emails (Gmail app works fine though). Any way to repair? Hope I dont have to reinstall ICS; not exactly tech savy.
    AT&T Galaxy S2

Edit: krap! Just realized this was a OTA thread. Can anyone direct me to where I should post this issue?

~Bryan
    07-13-2012 07:07 PM
    I manually did the update this morning. I switched to the pure ics launcher using sprint id but I noticed that it makes the homescreen wallpaper zoom. The lockscreen wallpaper is fine. Doesn't so that when the touchwiz launcher is used. I also noticed that. There's no option in gtalk to insert smileys via the menu versus putting in the symbols myself. Not sure if that's a bug or if its how the new gtalk is suppose to be.
    07-13-2012 07:13 PM
    My contacts were never synced to another account before. They were saved on internal storage only.
    07-13-2012 07:24 PM
    QUESTION: How do you do a manual update?
    07-13-2012 07:44 PM
    Im still waiting for my upgrade!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 08:08 PM
    no update orlando Florida. any knows the steps to do it on my phone.

got update zip change it copy n paste into external sd using adrozip is that correct? or be patient and wait for over the air update.
    07-13-2012 08:16 PM
    I manually did the update this morning. I switched to the pure ics launcher using sprint id but I noticed that it makes the homescreen wallpaper zoom. The lockscreen wallpaper is fine. Doesn't so that when the touchwiz launcher is used. I also noticed that. There's no option in gtalk to insert smileys via the menu versus putting in the symbols myself. Not sure if that's a bug or if its how the new gtalk is suppose to be.
    I don't like pure ICS but that is really way you can truly enjoy most of the new features that come with the upgrade.

I haven't been impressed with this upgrade at all.
    07-13-2012 08:44 PM
    I just upgraded manually. Was looking for the pure ics launcher but can't find it.
    07-13-2012 08:57 PM
    I just upgraded manually. Was looking for the pure ics launcher but can't find it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...-touchwiz.html
    07-13-2012 09:17 PM
    I don't like pure ICS but that is really way you can truly enjoy most of the new features that come with the upgrade.

I haven't been impressed with this upgrade at all.
    I'm curious to know what are you not impressed with? This is way better than Gingerbread lol.
    07-13-2012 09:19 PM
    My contacts were never synced to another account before. They were saved on internal storage only.
    You really don't back your contacts up with your gmail? That's failing to utilize a built in feature meant to save you heartache and hassle. Hate to be the one to tell you, but if they were only on your internal memory, they're probably gone. Reboot your handset if you haven't yet and hope for the best, but you're likely going to be s.o.l.

07-13-2012 09:20 PM
    kinda sad i updated. it feels like a cheap knock off go! launcher theme, especill the lock screen...

07-13-2012 11:23 PM
    did anyone find the android beam cuz I'm not seeing it
    07-13-2012 11:58 PM
    I did the manual update.zip and everything went fine but the camara app is the same old app no change at all. How can i fix this?
    07-14-2012 12:07 AM
    Manual upgrade complete, thanks to qbking77's YouTube video. Seven apps updated after the upgrade, including Google Maps, Gmail, Sprint Telenav). I'm loving Ice Cream Sandwich! My favorite feature so far: the revamped web browser with a checkbox to change to Desktop vice having to type about:useragent every time.
    07-14-2012 12:22 AM
    Just manually upgraded and switched to Sprint ID immediately to enable stock ICS. Never thought Sprint ID would EVER come in handy, but it did for once. Now I'll never touch it again. But I do approve of the manual upgrade (not that my approval matters or anything, lol). But seriously, it's super easy and I had absolutely no troubles at all. I instantly love my phone again!

llfloyd79 likes this.
    07-14-2012 01:58 AM
    How to do you do a battery stat swipe?
    07-14-2012 01:02 PM
    Got notice yesterday and upgraded via Kies. Now the "resident" email app wont display the emails (Gmail app works fine though). Any way to repair? Hope I dont have to reinstall ICS; not exactly tech savy.
    AT&T Galaxy S2

Edit: krap! Just realized this was a OTA thread. Can anyone direct me to where I should post this issue?

~Bryan
    Settings > Applications > All > Email > Clear Data
    bfxtrfcmgr likes this.
    07-14-2012 01:02 PM
    i dont have a pc right now and i keep getting unsuccessful download when downloading from my phone. im stock and not rooted. any one have different link for manual update without a pc?
    07-14-2012 01:12 PM
    I just finished updating manually. I started out by downloading the zip from QBKing77's video straight to my phone, used Astro file manager to move it and rename it, and it wouldnt update. So I fired up my laptop and downloaded it from the link here and didnt rename it and it worked. I did have to clear the data on my Swype, which sucks because I had a lot of saved words there. Gmail and everything else seems to work well. Battery life...we will see.

I love most of ICS, as I am using it on my HP TouchPad (in conjunction with webOS), but I dont like the fact that I cant make folders in the app drawer like you can in Go Launcher Pro. That may be one of the few things that cause me to ditch the stock ICS launcher and go elsewhere.
    07-14-2012 04:31 PM
    i dont have a pc right now and i keep getting unsuccessful download when downloading from my phone. im stock and not rooted. any one have different link for manual update without a pc?
    Here you go -- How to manually update to Official FF18 ICS AND ROOT - xda-developers

For me, I did not have to rename the file, just have it on the root of my external SD card. Obvioulsly, YMMV. Hope that helps you out.
    07-14-2012 04:39 PM
    Yup, I deleted my word library. Now I'm back to spell checking like a third grader. I got my Swype to work on ICS though. Thanks!
    07-14-2012 04:39 PM
    Still waiting for it in Miami. Gonna wait to hear more battery reviews.
    07-14-2012 04:40 PM
    The manual update takes all of 5min, ppl are waiting for reviews on this that and the other thing. Good luck. If there are any "real" issues, a update update will be sent out within a few days anyway...
    07-14-2012 08:02 PM
    Here in the NYC metro and haven't received the ICS update notification...system update menus continue to come up empty.

That said, I have fully functional apps no longer available on Google Play. Will they survive an ICS update?

07-14-2012 08:22 PM
366 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD