Official - I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update via QBKing77's vid. No problems at all, and my favorite thing, GPS lock seems to be nearly instant. I hope it continues to work this well!

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is so breathtakingly exciting that I can't wait for it to be pushed out in a couple days. Besides, by the time they finishing pushing it out , there will probably be another update.

I have ICS on my tablet, and the differences are really miniscule, especially if you use a launcher. I am hoping it fixes some problems I have had (txt not received until reboot, GPS sucking).

Reactions: Jolsba

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
At one point in my exploration of ICS, I had the option of using TW Launcher or something else. I would like to try the stock ICS launcher, but I can't remember how I got the choice.

Thanks for your help.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to Sprint ID and click on the My ID and it will automatically make your launched the stock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Go into application settings select all. Scroll down to find TwLauncher then open it and scroll down and click on "Clear Defaults." Now when you click the home button just select Launcher instead of TwLauncher and click the make default block. You can just reverse the process if you ever want to go back to the Touchwiz Launcher.

Reactions: jeauxkewl

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you missed a joke ;). 4.1 is Jelly Bean, 4.0.x is ICS.
Oops, looks like the joke's on me. I now remember asking myself why that question was coming from someone with nearly 400 posts. Yet another one of those "trust your instincts" lessons. :-[

Last edited:

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
got ics through manual. having no problems in the last 3 hrs(knock on wood). well besides the fact foxfi doesnt work anymore and i hate the lockscreen still. i do have the select input notification come on constantly if im using swype keyboard. and things are a little grainy. contacts are laggy at times but all in all pleasd.

Sent from my beautiful White SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I did it today and the issue I am having is with is with verizon.net email (thru yahoo) and exchange. I can send email, but I only get blank spaces in the inbox.

I saw this too. The following worked for me:

Settings > Applications > All > Email > Clear Data

You will have to re-configure the accounts.

EDIT: And, I think others have had to also adjust the font size in the stock Email app to address this. Open the stock email app > Menu button > Font Size > select your desired size.

Last edited:

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
a note for those that want to manually install the update. if you use a file manager like astro file manager on your phone you can download move rename and update as per the manual updating instructions straight from your phone.

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
power and volume up i believe

edit: volume down and power i mean :) just remember i said that wrong

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members