08-20-2012 02:04 PM
366 ... 12131415
tools
    Still waiting for ICS here on the east coast.. I've checked it a million times and still nothing. We'll probably get it at 11:59pm tonight with our luck.

Send from my Samsung Galaxy S lll
    07-19-2012 04:32 PM
    Still waiting for ICS here on the east coast.. I've checked it a million times and still nothing. We'll probably get it at 11:59pm tonight with our luck.

Here.. you can have my update... in my opinion, this OS sucks.. I'm going back to GB as soon as I can...

Nothing really special about this build other than problems, poor battery life, stupid slide to unlock words, etc, etc...
    07-19-2012 04:40 PM
    My phone updated 2 days ago (California).. wish I didn't hit the "ok to upgrade" button..
    07-19-2012 04:53 PM
    My phone updated 2 days ago (California).. wish I didn't hit the "ok to upgrade" button..

Me too!

New York

Should have kept GB instead of ICS.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    07-19-2012 05:46 PM
    I've had my E4GT less than 2 months and didn't experience ANY of the issues with OTA ICS described on this thread. My question is what has been the ICS thru OTA experience for others who purchased E4GT within the last 30-60 days? Does it matter?

I am the Galaxy and I approve this message.
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 09:53 PM
    That's interesting. My E4GT is only a couple of months old, a new out of the box replacement after I had HW issues with my old one. I ended up installing less than half the apps I had on my old phone. I've had zero issues and the upgrade has been a great experience.
    cqpearson likes this.
    07-19-2012 10:24 PM
    i just got mine 3 weeks ago and i have not recieved the update yet......wonder if thats why?? anyone? they are pushing it from the 12th to the 20th. whats up w this?
    07-20-2012 01:37 AM
    i just got mine 3 weeks ago and i have not recieved the update yet......wonder if thats why?? anyone? they are pushing it from the 12th to the 20th. whats up w this?
    Can't be I've had mine since beginning of January and I still don't have the update I've heard if you don't get it you can go to a Sprint store and they will update it for you, I'm not sure if true.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums, thanks Android Central.
    07-20-2012 01:47 AM
    Wow...ppl just post there problems where ever they want i guess. This is the...did u get ur update notification yet thread. Wtf?
    07-20-2012 02:06 AM
    Wow...ppl just post there problems where ever they want i guess. This is the...did u get ur update notification yet thread. Wtf?
    This is the received update thread, but relax people come to forums for answers & your comment has nothing to do with ics update, & just so you won't complain about my comment, I still don't have ics in Jersey.

07-20-2012 02:12 AM
    One of the causes of battery problems is the new way to shut down apps.

In the past you could shut down an app by hitting Back. That no longer shuts down apps. It just pushes them to the background.

Now you have to shutdown the app by swipping left or right in the task manager (long press on the home key).

Having Angry Birds, and a bunch of apps in the background is gonna eat the battery.

07-20-2012 01:57 PM
    One of the causes of battery problems is the new way to shut down apps.

In the past you could shut down an app by hitting Back. That no longer shuts down apps. It just pushes them to the background.

Now you have to shutdown the app by swipping left or right in the task manager (long press on the home key).

Having Angry Birds, and a bunch of apps in the background is gonna eat the battery.

I don't think they are really running if they are listed there. I'm surprised how many items stay in that list... If you look in the task manager, they aren't all running.
    07-20-2012 02:25 PM
    A lot of people still didn't get it are they still rolling it out? I manually updated mine the other day did a factory reset and that fixed my battery issue

07-21-2012 12:20 AM
    A lot of people still didn't get it are they still rolling it out? I manually updated mine the other day did a factory reset and that fixed my battery issue

Sprint has changed the end date from the 20th to the end of July. So people like me who have not got the update yet still will get it we just have to wait for most 2 weeks.

07-21-2012 12:45 AM
    Just do a manual update.

07-21-2012 07:21 PM
    Sprint has changed the end date from the 20th to the end of July. .
    Hmmmmm....

Maybe they're gonna try to fix some of the issues that have been mentioned on this forum.
    07-22-2012 01:44 AM
    As I understand it, the ota does not wipe the Dalvik cache, which is something they recommend in ROM flashing 101. So there may be a correlation between how long you've had your phone and how smoothly the update goes. This also explains why a factory reset clears up lots of the problems, since the factory reset wipes the Dalvik cache.
    07-22-2012 01:31 PM

Still waiting for it here in FL for SII
    07-22-2012 03:58 PM
    My understanding is that the update has been suspended although I've seen nothing official. http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...ml#post1994788
    07-22-2012 05:31 PM
    I have not seen any update. I live in MD, near Washington, DC. I called Sprint, and they said they can't push, and their stores don't have the update, but gave me the number for Samsung. Samsung said it's automatic with Sprint, at about 20,000 users per day (how many E4GTs are out there total?). They said we have to wait until the end of the month.

I find it frustrating, since I'd rather buy a different phone on Verizon anyway. I liked my EVO 4G much better, and with the LTE updates, I've been roaming a lot lately (on Verizon) when I should be native Sprint. E4GT generally has poorer signal and data than EVO, too.
    07-23-2012 12:55 PM
    Yes update pulled due to complaints about 4G, wifi and some other bull

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2012 12:02 AM
    thats weird because they are still selling new epic 4gs with 4.0 ice cream sandwich as a selling tool. ummmm something is amiss here. lol
    07-24-2012 12:05 AM
    I still have no update. Miami, FL. The only thing I want from ICS is Chrome and new notifications. My phone runs perfectly though right now so I'm in no rush.
    07-24-2012 09:56 AM
    I still have no update. Miami, FL. The only thing I want from ICS is Chrome and new notifications. My phone runs perfectly though right now so I'm in no rush.
    when I updated to ICS, I lost the LED indicator notifications; as the LED does not light up AT ALL... only when on a charger.. No LED for messages, emails, etc...
    07-24-2012 11:54 AM
    I have had the ics update footer about 2 weeks now in the Nashville, 5
    TN area.

To be entirely honest, I'm not to happy with the ics update for sprint. Here are a couple things i just cannot stand...

1. It had really slowed my phone down. Not sure why, but internet, anything that requires typing hangs a lot!

2. Why does the wallpaper cropping give me a landscape crop box? I mean, the phone sets up in portrait NOT landscape.

3. We still do not have an editable notification bar, i have tried the apps (super status bar, status bar +) and both either force quit, encounter errors that shut them down, or don't always show over the default even when everything in the program says it should.

If anyone knows how to go back to GB without rooting, i would love to know how.

That's it so far, if anyone had any suggestions on any of these issues, I'm listening...
    08-01-2012 07:30 AM
366 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD