Official - I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I manually did it and its working fine, no issues at all.
The only disappointing thing to me is they didn't do anything with the lock screen, no shortcuts, you can just add the weather on there and even then you can't manually refresh it from there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

tomes1978

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update and my Swype is not working. I tried to do the "clear data" but that button is greyed out in the Swype detail. Anyone else having this problem?

TouchWizard

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has taken a hit after this update as well...I suspect "Android OS" to be the culprit, as in the settings it is accounting for 14% of the battery usage, a much higher number than before. Anyone else having similar results?

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm still here waiting.... And waiting.... And waiting.... Where's my ICS push? I don't have any computer access at the moment and I'm at the mercy of sprint....... Aaaxcck

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I just manually updated mine. No issues, everything seems to be working fine. I'll probably play around with the stock ICS via Sprint ID and see how I like it compared to TW.

On another note, I found this funny and with perfect timing...My wife made an ice cream sandwich desert (she had no idea that ICS was being released when she made it), which I had to post a picture for everyone! lol

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has taken a hit after this update as well...I suspect "Android OS" to be the culprit, as in the settings it is accounting for 14% of the battery usage, a much higher number than before. Anyone else having similar results?

Yep, similar here. I can usually get anywhere from 1 day to 1 day 15 hours on a charge but I've dropped from full to 65% in 3h 35 mins. And that's with my brightness down to 50% when it's always been set at around 75% :eek:

fasterisbetter

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Got it just now after clearing the G Services Cache a couple of times. I'm in Spokane, WA.

Interestingly, I've got the white Gnex and according to all I've read wasn't supposed to get this update directly from Google as I've got YajkuXX (or at least that's my understanding).

Excited to play!!

Update - Meant to post this in the Jelly Bean thread. My bad.

invis4ble

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well... still having issues simply getting from eg30 - el29 (so I can get to ICS obviously). I have factory reset (have stock 2.3.4) and installed fresh OTA then completely removed my SD card. precedes to update but gets hung up 4/10th through then throws error message. I even manually placed an 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 update file in my SD card and update that way... no dice

Have done this multiple times with SD card in / without - previous to factory reset - and I can never get past that one spot in the process.

Can someone maybe PM me for help, can't PM mods so not really sure where to go from here.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
One neat little add on I found is if you hold down the power button it gives you the option to restart your phone instead of having to just turn it off and back on. I also think they added/changed the shut off music