Official - I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread

socorkid

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
hey guys...just rename the file "update" dont add the ".Zip" to it because if you add the ".zip" when you rename it will wind up Update.zip.zip" in your sd card when your in recovery

Thanks for the links!!!!!!!!!

bfxtrfcmgr

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Got notice yesterday and upgraded via Kies. Now the "resident" email app wont display the emails (Gmail app works fine though). Any way to repair? Hope I dont have to reinstall ICS; not exactly tech savy.
AT&T Galaxy S2

Edit: krap! Just realized this was a OTA thread. Can anyone direct me to where I should post this issue?

~Bryan

Last edited:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I manually did the update this morning. I switched to the pure ics launcher using sprint id but I noticed that it makes the homescreen wallpaper zoom. The lockscreen wallpaper is fine. Doesn't so that when the touchwiz launcher is used. I also noticed that. There's no option in gtalk to insert smileys via the menu versus putting in the symbols myself. Not sure if that's a bug or if its how the new gtalk is suppose to be.

NYGat0r

May 29, 2012
Visit site
no update orlando Florida. any knows the steps to do it on my phone.

got update zip change it copy n paste into external sd using adrozip is that correct? or be patient and wait for over the air update.

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I manually did the update this morning. I switched to the pure ics launcher using sprint id but I noticed that it makes the homescreen wallpaper zoom. The lockscreen wallpaper is fine. Doesn't so that when the touchwiz launcher is used. I also noticed that. There's no option in gtalk to insert smileys via the menu versus putting in the symbols myself. Not sure if that's a bug or if its how the new gtalk is suppose to be.
I don't like pure ICS but that is really way you can truly enjoy most of the new features that come with the upgrade.

I haven't been impressed with this upgrade at all.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't like pure ICS but that is really way you can truly enjoy most of the new features that come with the upgrade.

I haven't been impressed with this upgrade at all.

I'm curious to know what are you not impressed with? This is way better than Gingerbread lol.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
My contacts were never synced to another account before. They were saved on internal storage only.

You really don't back your contacts up with your gmail? That's failing to utilize a built in feature meant to save you heartache and hassle. Hate to be the one to tell you, but if they were only on your internal memory, they're probably gone. Reboot your handset if you haven't yet and hope for the best, but you're likely going to be s.o.l.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

arlimes

May 24, 2012
Visit site
kinda sad i updated. it feels like a cheap knock off go! launcher theme, especill the lock screen...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

polsoft

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I did the manual update.zip and everything went fine but the camara app is the same old app no change at all. How can i fix this?

Last edited:

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Manual upgrade complete, thanks to qbking77's YouTube video. Seven apps updated after the upgrade, including Google Maps, Gmail, Sprint Telenav). I'm loving Ice Cream Sandwich! My favorite feature so far: the revamped web browser with a checkbox to change to Desktop vice having to type about:useragent every time.