Official - I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the upgrade comes overnight only, or has anyone received the upgrade during the day? I feel like a kid waiting for santa to come on Christmas morning!! LOL:cool:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

wkufan92

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like he is using the TouchWiz launcher after the ICS update. I am using the stock launcher so I don't have the option either.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcher Pro if that matters... but yeah, I can long press on the icon and it gives me the option to Replace - Gesture - Delete (for the icons in the bottom dock/row).

I can also re-arrange my icons in the bottom row (I guess this is called the drawer?)..

vejida

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
First off, I thank rocket321 for the great tutorial on how to manually update. One thing to note, is that you have to put the file into sdcard/external_sd

I now have ICS and will be testing it further. Thanks again! :)

Last edited:

KD8MLY

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
im currently in a roaming-only area for about a week, has anyone else been having problems updating over roaming 3G? It stays on downloading, but never downloads.

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone actually received the ota update all I have seen is people saying they did the manual update.

Sent from the Android Central Forum app. Thanks Android Central.

KD8MLY

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ive gotten the notification for the OTA update, but hasnt started the download probably because im in roaming.

vidroid

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this was supposed to be the "I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread" and mostly the talk is about how to manually update :p

I'm in Texas and have not received the update yet, but people have said its not geographic. Is there any sure fire way to force the OTA update? Some said you can clear Google data cache to force the OTA update but I'm not sure how to do that. I don't have an SD card so can't do the manual update.

banickerson

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my stock email. I changed the font size in the app and it's working fine now. Open the email app, select menu, choose Font Size and change it from Normal to Small.

banickerson

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today. Having issues with the stock email app. I cant see any of my emails. It just shows grey bars with font at the top. But cant see it and cant open it.

I had the same problem with my stock email. I changed the font size in the app and it's working fine now. Open the email app, select menu, choose Font Size and change it from Normal to Small.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
did any one actually receive the ota update from sprint/samsung? this is not the problem thread.

You took the words right out of my mouth!! This thread was started to give everyone a heads up in different areas of the world that it was in fact out there. By yhe way, I am in Maryland in the Baltimore/D.C. region and have not received it. :confused:

Reactions: droidweasel

WVTip

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Got the OTA update this morning and installed without a hitch! Tested GPS and works great with 8/8 satellites found and connected very fast. Tested Google Play and got app updates, dialer and incoming calls OK, contacts OK, SMS OK, Email fine. So far no issues found. Super fast now too. Hope everyone goes a smooth! Enjoy.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Got the OTA update this morning and installed without a hitch! Tested GPS and works great with 8/8 satellites found and connected very fast. Tested Google Play and got app updates, dialer and incoming calls OK, contacts OK, SMS OK, Email fine. So far no issues found. Super fast now too. Hope everyone goes a smooth! Enjoy.

That is what this thread is for. Thanks for the great update!!:D

Reactions: droidweasel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz