07-20-2012 12:49 PM
97 1234
tools
    Still waiting for my ics update
    Why wait? Just do the manual update. It's suuuper easy to do.
    07-14-2012 05:03 PM
    My picasa folders used to show up in the picture gallery under gingerbread. They are gone after the update. How can I get them back?
    07-14-2012 05:11 PM
    Here's a question.....Why is there an option for "Activate This Device" under the settings menu? I know my phone is active, as I have already missed a call while at work and checked the voicemail. Anyone have any idea why it's there?
    07-14-2012 05:26 PM
    Or Power and volume down buttons...
    It works, you just have to hold it a little bit longer.

EDIT: I'm SLOW on the draw. LoL!
    07-15-2012 05:54 AM
    @JayWill72, I was just watching @qbking77's install video, and I'm unclear on something. Do I have to have a MicroSD card installed in my phone to be able to do the manual update? I haven't gotten one yet.
    07-15-2012 02:22 PM
    @JayWill72, I was just watching @qbking77's install video, and I'm unclear on something. Do I have to have a MicroSD card installed in my phone to be able to do the manual update? I haven't gotten one yet.
    I'm not JayWill, but yes, you do have to have an external microSD card in order to do the manual update.
    07-15-2012 02:47 PM
    My picasa folders used to show up in the picture gallery under gingerbread. They are gone after the update. How can I get them back?
    You should be able to get them back if you sync Picasa Web Albums
    Accounts and Sync -> Manage Accounts -> Sync Picasa Web Albums
    07-15-2012 02:51 PM
    Hello all,
    I just did manual update. All went smooth. I have 1 ?. Web pages no longer auto fit to page after zooming in.. Any ideas? Thanks
    07-15-2012 03:53 PM
    Hello all,
    I just did manual update. All went smooth. I have 1 ?. Web pages no longer auto fit to page after zooming in.. Any ideas? Thanks
    Your right....they dont. Well sh**

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-15-2012 03:56 PM
    Your right....they dont. Well sh**

Yea, for me thats a problem. I have been looking through all the settings but can't seem to find a fix.. I hope I am missing something..
    07-15-2012 04:20 PM
    Yea, for me thats a problem. I have been looking through all the settings but can't seem to find a fix.. I hope I am missing something..
    I looked as well....nothing. Not cool.

07-15-2012 04:45 PM
    I looked as well....nothing. Not cool.

Not cool at all! Deal breaker for me.. I found the auto fit in advanced settings. But it doesn't work properly.. Think a system wipe might fix it?
    07-15-2012 05:00 PM
    I dont like the changes.

I did the update manually yesterday and I dont like it. I am not rooted. Is it possible to go back to the previous version without rooting?

Any help will be appreciated.
    07-15-2012 05:06 PM
    I dont like the changes.

I did the update manually yesterday and I dont like it. I am not rooted. Is it possible to go back to the previous version without rooting?

Any help will be appreciated.
    I like a lot of the changes.. But not auto fitting web pages after zooming is really bothering me. I may change back too if there is not a solution.. I would also like to know how how to change back.... Sorry I don't know how too for you..
    07-15-2012 05:27 PM
    There is you have to go to Sprint ID app choose my ID then you get Ice Cream Sandwich stock launcher.

Sent from the Android Central Forum app. Thanks Android Central.
    Thanks!! Love that! (I had gotten Nova Launcher so now I have to decide which way to go. Hmmm.)
    07-15-2012 05:40 PM
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you root and flash a ROM, there is no going back.
    07-15-2012 05:42 PM
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you root and flash a ROM, there is no going back.
    That sucks.. Thanks for info.. Do you know how to auto fit web pages after zooming in like gingerbread? Or where I could make a formal complaint.. I like everything else..Thanks
    07-15-2012 05:47 PM
    Is that like taking the red pill in The Matrix?
    07-15-2012 08:32 PM
    You should be able to get them back if you sync Picasa Web Albums
    Accounts and Sync -> Manage Accounts -> Sync Picasa Web Albums
    Under "Accounts and sync", I only see options to sync all and add an account. I do not see "Manage Accounts". Am I missing it somewhere?

if I try to add it, Picasa is not one of the options.

ok, I just found it. I had to tap on my Google account, and then Picasa was one of the options under that.
    07-15-2012 09:15 PM
    Does anyone know whether there's a way to remove the Google Search bar from the top of the home screens? Having both that and the Search button at the bottom of the phone seems a bit redundant to me.
    07-16-2012 07:00 AM
    Does anyone know whether there's a way to remove the Google Search bar from the top of the home screens? Having both that and the Search button at the bottom of the phone seems a bit redundant to me.
    At least on Gingerbread the Google Search bar is just a widget so you can long press on it and drag it to the trash. Is this not the case in ICS? (still waiting for my OTA update )
    07-16-2012 10:18 AM
    At least on Gingerbread the Google Search bar is just a widget so you can long press on it and drag it to the trash. Is this not the case in ICS? (still waiting for my OTA update )
    Nope, it's not the case now
    07-16-2012 10:57 AM
    I just deleted the screen that the google search bar was on. It warned me that there were applications on the screen before I deleted it, but I deleted it any way.
    07-16-2012 11:14 AM
    Tried the manual update method but it wouldn't work for me. Left it sit on the screen with the exclamation mark for nearly an hour and it did nothing. Thought maybe I got a corrupt download so I downloaded it again and tried a second time but it still wouldn't work.

07-16-2012 01:15 PM
    I just deleted the screen that the google search bar was on. It warned me that there were applications on the screen before I deleted it, but I deleted it any way.
    On my phone, the google search thing is on all the launcher pages.
    07-16-2012 07:07 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD