E4GT ICS Update - One Stop Shop for Information

scribler

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I installed the manual update. Is there any way to create folders like with stock ICS? (My dh has a Galaxy Nexus and I love that you can create folders of apps.)

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
There is you have to go to Sprint ID app choose my ID then you get Ice Cream Sandwich stock launcher.

Sent from the Android Central Forum app. Thanks Android Central.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Firstly, thanks for your efforts at helping people with their questions...it helps greatly.

My question is this; if someone (i.e. ME!) doesn't have the patience to wait for the OTA notification and wants to manually do the update...is there any difference with what the manual update installs on the phone as opposed to what the OTA update installs on the phone?

Basically...will it still be ICS in all its glory irregardless of the method of install??

DocB1973

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a great experience upgrading and the new OS is fantastic. Make sure to learn about Home screen folders. It's a game changer.

DocB1973

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't change the name to update.zip. Keep the name you had when you downloaded, copy the file to the root of your SD card and it will work. It did for me.

Reactions: Uglyfido

DocB1973

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, just drop the app on one of the screens. Then take the second or more apps and drop it on top of the first app you put on the screen. It automatically makes the folder and after you open it you can change the name of the folder also. Great stuff.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hate asking - but I've been searching a while - and can't find the answer.

I'm running Caulkulin's 3.0 ROM - and want to go to ICS. What are my least risky steps?

Can I Just wipe all and flash Phantom's FF18 ROM now?

Or do I have to go back to EL29 and flash something else...?

What FF18 ROM are people recommending?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, thanks for your efforts at helping people with their questions...it helps greatly.

My question is this; if someone (i.e. ME!) doesn't have the patience to wait for the OTA notification and wants to manually do the update...is there any difference with what the manual update installs on the phone as opposed to what the OTA update installs on the phone?

Basically...will it still be ICS in all its glory irregardless of the method of install??

It's the exact same file so no difference.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't change the name to update.zip. Keep the name you had when you downloaded, copy the file to the root of your SD card and it will work. It did for me.

This is how I got my phone to do the manual update to ICS. I tried it with renaming it to update.zip and it would just hang. After leaving it named the way it was downloaded, it worked flawlessly. Oh, and I'm sure it's been stated before, but if you are capable of using a file manager on your phone, then there is no need to hook it up to a computer. I used Es, but that's my preference. :)

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
My picasa folders used to show up in the picture gallery under gingerbread. They are gone after the update. How can I get them back?

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Here's a question.....Why is there an option for "Activate This Device" under the settings menu? I know my phone is active, as I have already missed a call while at work and checked the voicemail. Anyone have any idea why it's there?

FBueller

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
@JayWill72, I was just watching @qbking77's install video, and I'm unclear on something. Do I have to have a MicroSD card installed in my phone to be able to do the manual update? I haven't gotten one yet.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
@JayWill72, I was just watching @qbking77's install video, and I'm unclear on something. Do I have to have a MicroSD card installed in my phone to be able to do the manual update? I haven't gotten one yet.

I'm not JayWill, but yes, you do have to have an external microSD card in order to do the manual update.

Last edited:

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
I just did manual update. All went smooth. I have 1 ?. Web pages no longer auto fit to page after zooming in.. Any ideas? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34