E4GT ICS Update - One Stop Shop for Information

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I dont like the changes.

I did the update manually yesterday and I dont like it. I am not rooted. Is it possible to go back to the previous version without rooting?

Any help will be appreciated.

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont like the changes.

I did the update manually yesterday and I dont like it. I am not rooted. Is it possible to go back to the previous version without rooting?

Any help will be appreciated.

I like a lot of the changes.. But not auto fitting web pages after zooming is really bothering me. I may change back too if there is not a solution.. I would also like to know how how to change back.... Sorry I don't know how too for you..

scribler

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
There is you have to go to Sprint ID app choose my ID then you get Ice Cream Sandwich stock launcher.

Sent from the Android Central Forum app. Thanks Android Central.

Thanks!! Love that! (I had gotten Nova Launcher so now I have to decide which way to go. Hmmm.)

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you root and flash a ROM, there is no going back.

That sucks.. Thanks for info.. Do you know how to auto fit web pages after zooming in like gingerbread? Or where I could make a formal complaint.. I like everything else..Thanks

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to get them back if you sync Picasa Web Albums
Accounts and Sync -> Manage Accounts -> Sync Picasa Web Albums

Under "Accounts and sync", I only see options to sync all and add an account. I do not see "Manage Accounts". Am I missing it somewhere?

if I try to add it, Picasa is not one of the options.

ok, I just found it. I had to tap on my Google account, and then Picasa was one of the options under that.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know whether there's a way to remove the Google Search bar from the top of the home screens? Having both that and the Search button at the bottom of the phone seems a bit redundant to me.

vidroid

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know whether there's a way to remove the Google Search bar from the top of the home screens? Having both that and the Search button at the bottom of the phone seems a bit redundant to me.

At least on Gingerbread the Google Search bar is just a widget so you can long press on it and drag it to the trash. Is this not the case in ICS? (still waiting for my OTA update :()

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I just deleted the screen that the google search bar was on. It warned me that there were applications on the screen before I deleted it, but I deleted it any way.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Tried the manual update method but it wouldn't work for me. Left it sit on the screen with the exclamation mark for nearly an hour and it did nothing. Thought maybe I got a corrupt download so I downloaded it again and tried a second time but it still wouldn't work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
On my phone, the google search thing is on all the launcher pages.

You must be using the stock ICS launcher then. If you dont want the search bar, you need to use Touchwiz or another launcher. Nova and Apex are nice ICS like launchers.

imparishilton

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Im having problems with watching regilar videos on the onternet on phone. I downloaded flash but videos are still choppy. Is flash just better on gingerbread, and ive already done a factory reset.

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Im having problems with watching regilar videos on the onternet on phone. I downloaded flash but videos are still choppy. Is flash just better on gingerbread, and ive already done a factory reset.

What videos? I'm not having any problems so far.