E4GT ICS Update - One Stop Shop for Information

avargas28

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Tried the manual update method but it wouldn't work for me. Left it sit on the screen with the exclamation mark for nearly an hour and it did nothing. Thought maybe I got a corrupt download so I downloaded it again and tried a second time but it still wouldn't work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm having the same problem. Anyone know what the problem is here? I left it on all night and it when I woke up in the morning, it was still at that exclamation mark screen. Tried it again doing manual install and its been sitting for over an hour.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Anyone know what the problem is here? I left it on all night and it when I woke up in the morning, it was still at that exclamation mark screen. Tried it again doing manual install and its been sitting for over an hour.

Try doing it without renaming the file to update.zip. Also, DL it from here -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1768479 . NOT renaming the file is what worked for me.

olorin

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I watched the video and did everything. I changed the file to update also. But in recovery is went to update using sd card and the update file was not located. Im trying it all over just to make sure

I had the same problem but resolved it. When downloading from your phone it actually puts it in USB storage, even though it looks like it's on the SD card. Just plug into a computer & drag the file from USB storage to your SD card & it will be available.

luigidk

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You must be using the stock ICS launcher then. If you dont want the search bar, you need to use Touchwiz or another launcher. Nova and Apex are nice ICS like launchers.

With Gingerbread - I was using Go Launcher EX... for ICS - it seems I'm losing some ICS capabilities unless i switch to NOVA, APEX or stock???

tonylmiller

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I love the Quick Controls feature on the ICS browser. I use it all the time on my tablet. However, on the phone version I do not see any way to access bookmarks because bookmarks does not show up on the Quick Controls menu.

Bookmarks are essential to browsing, so does anyone know how to access them while using Quick Controls?

m_leflore

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Quick Question: How do you change your device's name (for bluetooth recognition purposes). I can't seem to find it to save my life...

Thanks

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Quick Question: How do you change your device's name (for bluetooth recognition purposes). I can't seem to find it to save my life...

Thanks

There's an option to change the name if you click on the settings icon next to your device. Not sure if that's what you mean.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
With Gingerbread - I was using Go Launcher EX... for ICS - it seems I'm losing some ICS capabilities unless i switch to NOVA, APEX or stock???

I can't think of anything you'd lose using GoLauncher with ICS. Nova is a nice launcher too though. I happen to be using Apex at the moment. Launchers are like fine wines to me. I like to sample them all. Oddly though, I regularly find myself going back to stock Touchwiz. I must prefer grocery store bought boxed wine. :D

CWick4141

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I still have not got the OTA update and don't have a Micro SD card in my phone to do it manually (only use phone to call/text, use a tablet for everything else).
Was today the last day of OTA updates?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
:( its slow and buggy

GB is back on my phone......much faster and smoother....cant wait till cm9 is stable

Have you flashed CM9 yet and experienced stability issues? The latest Alpha 6 build is as stable as it gets in my opinion, well for my usage pattern anyways. Yes it's missing a few minor features from the Touchwiz ROM, namely the ability to perform Profile and PRL updates, as well as issue debug commands via the dialer, but that stuff will probably be coming soon now that the developers have kernel source. Apparently though, Samsung's kernel source code was a complete mess (shocker I know) so the development team (Team Epic I believe) that works on CM9 for the E4GT is working on getting it cleaned up. chris41g already has a source built kernel for CM9 out though that includes a "safe" (emmc brick free) version of CWM6.

I'm not sure if you're waiting for a release candidate build, or official CM9 support (probably will come soon), but you may want to give Alpha 6 a go. It's really polished and I haven't run into a single bug or stability issue.

vidroid

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I still have not got the OTA update and don't have a Micro SD card in my phone to do it manually ...

You and me both (probably others too...) But I have ordered a microSD card because it looks like the manual update is the only way to get it, and I'll probably need the card sometime anyway as my phone fills up.

Today was the final day for the OTA updates according to the initial reports but I bet there are many who haven't received it, so probably they will keep pushing it till everyone has it. But I'm getting tired of waiting.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You and me both (probably others too...) But I have ordered a microSD card because it looks like the manual update is the only way to get it, and I'll probably need the card sometime anyway as my phone fills up.

Today was the final day for the OTA updates according to the initial reports but I bet there are many who haven't received it, so probably they will keep pushing it till everyone has it. But I'm getting tired of waiting.

Why do you want to update to ICS? My update came OTA the beginning of the week and WISHED I never hit the update now button. ICS sucks!

I wish I could go back to GB without having to risk bricking my phone.

I started to get Roaming warning on my phone today while I'm home. Battery has gone from a full charge this morning at about 8:30am until now, 1:32pm to 75% with almost NO use on phone.

FoxFi only works with Bluetooth.

Also read all the issues other people are having after update.

So why would you want to update to ICS? So you can say you have it?

Take my advice, hold out as long as you can't. I'd do anything to go back to GB in a heartbeat!

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Im having problems with watching regilar videos on the onternet on phone. I downloaded flash but videos are still choppy. Is flash just better on gingerbread, and ive already done a factory reset.

It is choppy for me too....many sites are choppy, but not all. YouTube seems ok, but I look up RC relates stuff and they often have videos of their products and they are choppy. I too have downloaded Flash but to no avail. Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles