Problems with ICS Thread.

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
What you all are saying is wrong is what everyone who ran the leaked builds experienced. The brick bug only happens if you flash roms doing a reset doesn't affect the bug. I ran every build of the leaks and did a reset after each flash.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Also noticed the active application widget doesn't work.. Always shows 0
If there is an email waiting in the notification bar when screen is locked you don't have to unlock screen to view email..

Last edited:

s_special

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
after doing a factory reset i haven't gotten any reboots and the phone doesn't lag. i recommend it but just remember that you will have to start over with apps, passwords and contacts if they aren't linked to you google account.

Sparda81989

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got an epic 4g touch today, and with the ICS update available, I am really leery of updating it and dealing with these issues. If I use the OTA update for 4.0.4, how can I fix issues like excessive battery drain and contact image issues, amongst other things. Any type of advice on how to deal with these things would be greatly appreciated, or if the most logical thing to do is just wait for all the bugs to get worked, then that is also appreciated. thanks!

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got an epic 4g touch today, and with the ICS update available, I am really leery of updating it and dealing with these issues. If I use the OTA update for 4.0.4, how can I fix issues like excessive battery drain and contact image issues, amongst other things. Any type of advice on how to deal with these things would be greatly appreciated, or if the most logical thing to do is just wait for all the bugs to get worked, then that is also appreciated. thanks!

If I could go back to earlier this morning before I was stupid enough to do the OTA upgrade to the new ICS, I would.. I HATE this new OS... HATE IT! I dont think there is one thing that I like better than what I had with GB - with GB it just worked and worked well..

[kicking myself in the head]...

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have our corporate Sprint account rep get me a new phone (only have had this for about 2 weeks)..

avargas28

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried updating over wifi last night but it was stuck on the exclamation mark all night. The phone wasn't activated under my name yet. I tried the manual update using the sd card method and it was still stuck. So I finally got it activated under my name and I'm trying to let the OTA update do the trick. So far its been 20 minutes and its still stuck on the exclamation mark. Anyone else dealing with this?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting no 3G data after updating to ICS. Tried a factory reset but that didn't fix it. 4G works, phone calls work, and messaging works, but not 3G. The 3G icon does show up in the status bar, I just don't get any data.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

elmo

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with with WiFi trying to save settings in advanced settings. The Save button is grayed out when I try to use static IP. So I can't save.

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I started a thread but i will jump in this one. My phone did the update last ngiht and worked fin up untill an hour ago. I was checking my email and the fonts was all jacked up i couldnt read it. Also my you tube icon was just the android saying loading.

I went into the fonts and changed the font hit save and the phone glitched and rebooted. It loaded the video but is now STUCK at the 4G logo right before it goes to the main screen.

I did a manual delete data and factory reset and the phone still wont boot past the 4G logo.

what to do??

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting no 3G data after updating to ICS. Tried a factory reset but that didn't fix it. 4G works, phone calls work, and messaging works, but not 3G. The 3G icon does show up in the status bar, I just don't get any data.

Well, nevermind that problem. It started working on its own for no apparent reason.

Apparently the trick was to cuss at it a few times and threaten to throw it on the ground and run over it with my truck. :banghead:

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update this morning. I like to use the swype keyboard only I get Open of English US failed. How can I fix this?

datmamiunv

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have a text msg bug? Before upgrading to ics when I would recieve a text msg while on the phone it would vibrate, now every time I get a msg a sound plays and doesn't turn off. I'm using the handcent app instead of the stock messaging is this the reason why it keeps happening?

chris.moses

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
My biggest complaint is no FoxFi...NO FOXFI! WHY???!!?!?! :'(

Sprint is blocking it from Google Play store, go directly to FoxFi - Turn Android into free WiFi Hotspot (no root) to download.

I too had massive battery drain issues after the ICS update. Yesterday I did a factory reset and battery life seems to be much much much improved. I should know better than to do a version update without doing a reset...

My big issue now is that apparently Sprint is having network issues in my area (Seattle). I have next to no signal at all at my house (on my Epic Touch or my wife's original Epic, so it's not ICS related). It's so bad that it frequently fails over to roaming and I'm in an area Sprint lists as having EXCELLENT reception. WTF. Called yesterday and they claimed it was fixed, it's not.:'(

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
after 2 hours of my phone stuck on the 4g logo the phone rebooted and started to upgrade something and now its fine. Only thing is i cant connect to 4g... LOST EVERYTHING :( apps pix and other files saved on phone

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
  1. Not crazy with the photo pic for Favorites in Contacts nor the inability to list the Favorites (any way around that)?
  2. Preferred GB Swype keyboard (the numbers/symbols keypad was set up differently and I preferred the numbers like a phone pad vs the top line)

1. I agree! This keyboard sucks. The favorites in the contacts list are horrible, pics are blown up and look terrible. I have done factory reset, still think its not as stable. The biggest problem is the text reflow doesn't work at all! That is bs. Hopefully there will be updates and fixes coming soon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

mythstery

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Now that everything is super slow and laggy. Is it just me or does all the text seem bigger and not as clean looking. I really hope they iron out the kinks here.