Your Disappointments With ICS?

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everyone the contact pics look terrible y does this stupid keyboard show up on my notifications......i like the keyboard and gmail. On gingerbread i used to be able to change the messaging app by long pressing....now i cant change it wats up with that?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Contacts pics are terrible! None of the pics fit properly. Looks bad.. Hopefully will be updated.

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank God.
I have finally found someone who has this problem as well. For a minute I thought it was just me.

Everyone has same terrible looking contact pics. Not many seem to care. I care as well as you. I think it's horrible. I can live with it, but not having text reflow I can't live with. Why they changed that is beyond me..

m_leflore

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What happened to the lock screen that allowed you to go straight to your camera (or text, or email, or other notifications)? I thought that was supposed to be one of the best features of ICS...

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What happened to the lock screen that allowed you to go straight to your camera (or text, or email, or other notifications)? I thought that was supposed to be one of the best features of ICS...

Yeah that's my biggest complaint about the update. I wanted the shortcuts the most from ICS
Plus the battery drain

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This may have been answered before but on going to ask..... how come the notification red light does not work?

frank44

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
This may have been answered before but on going to ask..... how come the notification red light does not work?

I'm having the same problem with text notifications as well as missing the notification sound. Hope others are experiencing this.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone able to click on an email notification and have it actually go to that email? Just another in a list of things that if they tested this appropriately would have been figure out

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice when viewing the play store, say you scroll halfway down the page and view an app. you decide not to install, hit the back button and then are returned back to the top?? Did this happen in gb?

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth won't pair with SYNC
Battery life
Glitchy
Phone actually crashed
All forms of wireless connectivity suck.
No more USB Mass Storage capability.
Sucky roll out
AND YES, this is all after a factory reset and spending 6-8 hours putting it all back how I like it.

imaposer

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
what is text reflow???

When you resize a page, it used to resize then reflow the text to keep it all in the viewable page. It no longer does that and sucks.
That and foxfi being killed are my two biggest gripes.
Little annoyances like the Swype to unlock note, the little keyboard symbol in the corner when typing, resized contact photo space, and the whole contact page in general.
I see no improvements worth mentioning and wish i would have just stayed with what i had.

Reactions: Shadow1976

Sideman7

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You know what is really weird with the contacts? if you turn the phone to landscape, the contact photos are normal! Someone really screwed the pooch on the new contacts app.

I even had to install a new dialer because the ICS one no longer shows call duration in the logs...

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You know what is really weird with the contacts? if you turn the phone to landscape, the contact photos are normal! Someone really screwed the pooch on the new contacts app.

I even had to install a new dialer because the ICS one no longer shows call duration in the logs...

Your right about the pics when turning to landscape. I hadn't noticed. That will prob be updated.. Hopefully!

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
When you resize a page, it used to resize then reflow the text to keep it all in the viewable page. It no longer does that and sucks.
That and foxfi being killed are my two biggest gripes.
Little annoyances like the Swype to unlock note, the little keyboard symbol in the corner when typing, resized contact photo space, and the whole contact page in general.
I see no improvements worth mentioning and wish i would have just stayed with what i had.

Sorry, but I can't say it enough how much I hate the text reflow not working. I have three browsers installed trying to find one that's useable.

Last edited:

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Boat browser its working for me with txt reflow.

I'm using Maxthon browser, reflow works there too.. Also have Chrome installed. Would rather just have the stock browser.. I just hope that it gets fixed. Thanks for the info..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool