Your Disappointments With ICS?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For me its no customization to the lock screen. You can't add shortcuts to it, absolutely nothing. You can just add the weather and even then you can't manually update from there.
Also why is there no option to take of the "swipe to unlock" words at the bottom of the lock screen? I think we all know how to do so.
And what happen to pinch to zoom out to see all my screen?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Small things but I miss being able to hover over the notification bar to see the current date without pulling it down and in the browser being able to hit the menu button to go right to the Web address.

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Before I thought u just quickly tap power and home and release lol, that worked for me in Gingerbread and well I tried it quickly after ICS and nothing happened I was like wtf so I just figured it out :D

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Before I thought u just quickly tap power and home and release lol, that worked for me in Gingerbread and well I tried it quickly after ICS and nothing happened I was like wtf so I just figured it out :D

or hold volume down and power

Reactions: rolln18

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
1. Phone and Contact apps are now separate... before I only needed the Phone shortcut and there was a tab to find contacts. Why did Samsung do this??!??!?!!

2. Data roaming keeps showing up on the notifications even after dismissing it. My work place has poor Spring coverage so I'm often roaming so I don't need to be continually notified about it. Before the update it never showed up.

3. Tried to install Chrome and it keeps saying insufficient storage, even after checking it does say the phone has at least 200mb. Chrome is only 20mb. I even try to delete some apps and still can't install Chrome.

4. Dunno if it was supposed to get the ICS stock camera app, but was kinda disappointed that it's still the same old camera app as before. Calendar seems unchanged too.

Besides these things everything else seems to be working nice and smoothly.

Reactions: smurfette8202

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
More disappointments than I'd have expected here. In no particular order:

1. I hate the way contacts look now, with the horribly enlarged, cropped & pixellated images
2. The Swype thing wasn't disappointing unless you consider that this kind of thing really should have been dealt with in an official release
3. Not being able to remove the 'Swipe Screen' instruction on the lock screen.
4. Either the LED notifications (for emails/FB updates, etc) have gone or I can't find them. Any ideas anyone?
5. Despite setting my own default font, none of my emails are displaying it and all seem to be using a stock one (Roboto?)

6. Oh and the battery issue of course. Two Factory Resets (one with Data, one without) didn't resolve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: smurfette8202

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
1. Radio sucks worse than the last one.
2. Wifi radio sucks
3. Lock screen not like the other ones nor is it customizable...
4. Huge bubbly cartoonish icons
5. Screen lag.
6. Uses too much RAM
7. Font is... Less than desirable.
8. BATTERY SUCKS!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
U all is sooo ungrateful and predictable lol jk but you all have been crying for the ics update for months now u have it now it sucks huh :rolleyes: well root and flash the many gb rooms which u all just hated before ics and many of the problems I've seen is minor or can easily be fixed one easy and effective ics trick go to options developer options and go to window animations and the other animations and change it to .5 you will quickly see the difference in a good way

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Shadow1976

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The biggest problem for me is the text reflow doesn't work. I can't stand it. Also don't like new keyboard but not as bad as no reflow..

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The biggest problem for me is the text reflow doesn't work. I can't stand it. Also don't like new keyboard but not as bad as no reflow..

That is one of the main reasons I will not upgrade to ICS. The text reflow works so good on GB EG30. You can always replace the keyboard with something else though.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone used the original ics launcher vs touchwiz? If so is your wallpaper zoomed instead of being layed out correctly?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used the original ics launcher vs touchwiz? If so is your wallpaper zoomed instead of being layed out correctly?

Yes I remember this issue with the stock ICS launcher. For a workaround, download the gallery app called Quickpic from the market, and use it to set your wallpaper. It should size correctly. Actually, Quickpic is superior to the stock galley app in many ways.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol