Your Disappointments With ICS?

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I even had to install a new dialer because the ICS one no longer shows call duration in the logs...

Two ways.

1. go to contacts, tap the contact you want to know about, tap the menu , tap history.

2. tap phone, tap the arrow button , tap the contact icon ,then tap it again, tap menu , tap history.

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I just discovered the weirdest thing. My home button no longer takes me to my home screen. If I'm on another screen it just sits there or if I'm exiting an app or any other part of the phone it takes me back to the last screen I was viewing. I'm sure this wasn't the case after the initial update or I would have noticed by now. I woke up this morning and found the button no longer functions the same.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just discovered the weirdest thing. My home button no longer takes me to my home screen. If I'm on another screen it just sits there or if I'm exiting an app or any other part of the phone it takes me back to the last screen I was viewing. I'm sure this wasn't the case after the initial update or I would have noticed by now. I woke up this morning and found the button no longer functions the same.

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

nicurt

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
For you led indicators, go to settings>display and make sure pulse notification light is checked. Is anyone having an issue with their camera freezing after taking a pic and then trying to.view it by tapping on the little box on bottom left. Mine freezes every time. Ive already done factory reset.........

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
For you led indicators, go to settings>display and make sure pulse notification light is checked. Is anyone having an issue with their camera freezing after taking a pic and then trying to.view it by tapping on the little box on bottom left. Mine freezes every time. Ive already done factory reset.........

I think that's the first thing most of us tried :)

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
For the people with lockscreen complaints, try Hololocker from the Play Store. It's the Jellybean lockscreen and let's you choose the camera or regular unlock. I think they are going to eventually build in the ability to choose other quick launch apps, but so far only camera is built in. Better than nothing and I LOVE that JB lock.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
For the people with lockscreen complaints, try Hololocker from the Play Store. It's the Jellybean lockscreen and let's you choose the camera or regular unlock. I think they are going to eventually build in the ability to choose other quick launch apps, but so far only camera is built in. Better than nothing and I LOVE that JB lock.

Thanks i have a skyrocket and absolutely hate the touchwiz lockscreen i actually prefer the ics lockscreen better than jb. I dont like the weird rings that pop up around it even though i know its stock android

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I did find one annoyance. The phone is very slow to switch from wifi to 3g now. Before it took a second or two for 3g to take over when I turned off wifi. Now it takes more like 10 seconds.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Very cool, thank you

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

chssrckr

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
most of the complaints on here can be remedied by ditching TouchWiz for APEX or HOLO Launcher.... not sure why anyone wouldnt do this

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
My G4 no longer works after this stupid ICS grade. It connects but I cannot surf the web or run any speed test.

I have done a factory reset and still issues with the G4. My G4 was working fine before this disaster upgrade came down.

Any suggestions?

Wish I could go back to GB.

Sprint Sucks!!!!

UPDATE-

G4 connects now, the speeds are HORRIBLE! I went to MSN.com and I was sitting for about 2 minutes and page was still loading. I also have full G4 bars.

Anyone having the same issue?

My G3 connection is much faster than my G4.

What a train wreck with this ICS update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The capacitive buttons seem to be unresponsive at times. they wont light up when I touch them, and it usually takes a few taps before they light up and give me tactile feedback. Anyone else having this problem?

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, facebook contact pictures wont load into Handcent anymore after the update! On the stock messaging app they show up, but on Handcent they dont.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The capacitive buttons seem to be unresponsive at times. they wont light up when I touch them, and it usually takes a few taps before they light up and give me tactile feedback. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep, me. As with some other problems I put this down to "It's just me" rather than it being an ICS issue, although it never happened before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech