Your Disappointments With ICS?

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The capacitive buttons seem to be unresponsive at times. they wont light up when I touch them, and it usually takes a few taps before they light up and give me tactile feedback. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

ddaily

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Updated to ICS on Razr last week. Here is just my beginning list of gripes. Used to love my phone, now I'm learning to hate it.

Battery life failing!!
Lost ability to manually choose 3G
Email synch problems (emails checked and deleted from PC not reflected on phone)
Not sending emails at all
Hate the new text input format/keyboard - look and functionality
Upgrade deleted some notification settings
The annoying, ever-present background data warning
Some widget changes that don't allow me to customize as my phone used to be
Redundant apps placed on my phone
Inability to hide apps that I can't deleted from my phone without creating a whole new group

Just help me get back to GB. Verizon/Motorolla needs to make it happen.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
- Kies Air no longer functions. I enter the URL shown on the phone into my computer's web browser, nothing ever happens - the request just times out.

- Bluetooth: I can no longer pair and share files/photos with either my MacBook or my iPod touch. My BT stereo headsets still work, thankfully.

- FoxFi no longer works.

- Battery life is in the crapper. Mostly when using the phone.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
- Kies Air no longer functions. I enter the URL shown on the phone into my computer's web browser, nothing ever happens - the request just times out.

- Bluetooth: I can no longer pair and share files/photos with either my MacBook or my iPod touch. My BT stereo headsets still work, thankfully.

- FoxFi no longer works.

- Battery life is in the crapper. Mostly when using the phone.

Welcome to the wonderful world of ICS.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have one issue that is constantly annoying. When using exchange activesync in the email app, whenever you tapped the notification for a new email, it brought you to that email. In ICS, it goes back to the last message you were looking at, so you have to back out of it first to get to your email list. However, that message isn't there -- you have to wait for the app to refresh the message list to display the new message before tapping on the new message.

I can't seem to find any settings to adjust this behavior.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have one issue that is constantly annoying. When using exchange activesync in the email app, whenever you tapped the notification for a new email, it brought you to that email. In ICS, it goes back to the last message you were looking at, so you have to back out of it first to get to your email list. However, that message isn't there -- you have to wait for the app to refresh the message list to display the new message before tapping on the new message.

I can't seem to find any settings to adjust this behavior.

That one has been annoying me too. I also miss being able to hover on the notification bar to check the date.

KillBillCDP2

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I'm rooted and using Icecoldsandwich, most of the stuff y'all are whining about isn't even an issue. :D

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I'm rooted and using Icecoldsandwich, most of the stuff y'all are whining about isn't even an issue. :D

Where do I click 'Thanks for the helpful post'? Oh hold on. It wasn't.

Just because you're not having the same problems with an arguably inferior phone on a totally different network, it doesn't make other people who are having them whiners. But thanks for popping into the Sprint Epic 4GT area to tell us that your AT&T HTC phone is rooted. I'll sleep easier now.

KillBillCDP2

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't see it being an inferior ph. But my bad fairly new to tapatalk and didn't realize I was on a sprint epic forum.

evolvedsapien

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it JUST ME or has anyone else noticed that scrolling through webpages; such as while on a page...panning and swiping through it...that it isn't as fluid as it was before installing ICS??

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Interestimg because I did a factory reset (as suggested by a Sprint.com forum admin) and surprisingly all the issues I had seemed to disappear...at least for the moment. I suggest you all to do the same. My phone is definitely running faster and smoother

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Interestimg because I did a factory reset (as suggested by a Sprint.com forum admin) and surprisingly all the issues I had seemed to disappear...at least for the moment. I suggest you all to do the same. My phone is definitely running faster and smoother

Just did another factory reset to try to fix my bluetooth problems. Didn't work. Called samsung again and they want me to send in my phone. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get, is the people that still go on and do the update to ICS.

They clearly see that 99% of the people that do the update have some sort of problem, yet they still go on and do the update.

A day later they come on the forums and start to complain about all the issues they are having after the update.

Why do you people go and do the update knowing that the chances your phone is going to have problems afterwards is pretty high?

I'm sure they have all read how useless Sprint and Samsung are. Yet they still do the update.

I just don't get it.

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol