08-08-2012 09:50 PM
105 123 ...
tools
    For me its no customization to the lock screen. You can't add shortcuts to it, absolutely nothing. You can just add the weather and even then you can't manually update from there.
    Also why is there no option to take of the "swipe to unlock" words at the bottom of the lock screen? I think we all know how to do so.
    And what happen to pinch to zoom out to see all my screen?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-12-2012 07:44 PM
    Small things but I miss being able to hover over the notification bar to see the current date without pulling it down and in the browser being able to hit the menu button to go right to the Web address.

07-12-2012 07:53 PM
    How about not being able to take Screen shots! Doesn't seem to work for ne

07-12-2012 09:05 PM
    How about not being able to take Screen shots! Doesn't seem to work for me

Figured it out hold power and home now...

07-12-2012 09:06 PM
    Figured it out hold power and home now...
    Hasn't it always been this way? My stock E4GT is that way. :dunno: I take screenies all the time too. :-)

Mom2Ninjas likes this.
    07-12-2012 09:26 PM
    Before I thought u just quickly tap power and home and release lol, that worked for me in Gingerbread and well I tried it quickly after ICS and nothing happened I was like wtf so I just figured it out

07-12-2012 09:32 PM
    Before I thought u just quickly tap power and home and release lol, that worked for me in Gingerbread and well I tried it quickly after ICS and nothing happened I was like wtf so I just figured it out

or hold volume down and power
    rolln18 likes this.
    07-12-2012 09:37 PM
    1. Phone and Contact apps are now separate... before I only needed the Phone shortcut and there was a tab to find contacts. Why did Samsung do this??!??!?!!

2. Data roaming keeps showing up on the notifications even after dismissing it. My work place has poor Spring coverage so I'm often roaming so I don't need to be continually notified about it. Before the update it never showed up.

3. Tried to install Chrome and it keeps saying insufficient storage, even after checking it does say the phone has at least 200mb. Chrome is only 20mb. I even try to delete some apps and still can't install Chrome.

4. Dunno if it was supposed to get the ICS stock camera app, but was kinda disappointed that it's still the same old camera app as before. Calendar seems unchanged too.

Besides these things everything else seems to be working nice and smoothly.
    smurfette8202 likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:09 PM
    More disappointments than I'd have expected here. In no particular order:

1. I hate the way contacts look now, with the horribly enlarged, cropped & pixellated images
    2. The Swype thing wasn't disappointing unless you consider that this kind of thing really should have been dealt with in an official release
    3. Not being able to remove the 'Swipe Screen' instruction on the lock screen.
    4. Either the LED notifications (for emails/FB updates, etc) have gone or I can't find them. Any ideas anyone?
    5. Despite setting my own default font, none of my emails are displaying it and all seem to be using a stock one (Roboto?)

6. Oh and the battery issue of course. Two Factory Resets (one with Data, one without) didn't resolve it.
    07-12-2012 10:12 PM
    Press and hold Power + Home button OR Power + Vol Down button for 3 seconds, longer than before.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    07-12-2012 10:17 PM
    We now have the option to have no screen lock whatsoever, in the security settings, = less time spent unlocking

Sent from my SPH-D710
    07-12-2012 10:21 PM
    1. Radio sucks worse than the last one.
    2. Wifi radio sucks
    3. Lock screen not like the other ones nor is it customizable...
    4. Huge bubbly cartoonish icons
    5. Screen lag.
    6. Uses too much RAM
    7. Font is... Less than desirable.
    8. BATTERY SUCKS!

07-12-2012 10:24 PM
    I too am disappointed to still have the "Stock Gingerbread Camera" instead of the new ICS camera with the sweeping pano mode.
    07-12-2012 11:45 PM
    Sounds like its going really well......

07-12-2012 11:53 PM
    U all is sooo ungrateful and predictable lol jk but you all have been crying for the ics update for months now u have it now it sucks huh :rolleyes: well root and flash the many gb rooms which u all just hated before ics and many of the problems I've seen is minor or can easily be fixed one easy and effective ics trick go to options developer options and go to window animations and the other animations and change it to .5 you will quickly see the difference in a good way

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2012 12:15 AM
    I too am disappointed to still have the "Stock Gingerbread Camera" instead of the new ICS camera with the sweeping pano mode.
    Pano mode is there. Open camera and choose settings, shooting mode..

Tsukiyomi likes this.
    07-17-2012 01:52 PM
    The biggest problem for me is the text reflow doesn't work. I can't stand it. Also don't like new keyboard but not as bad as no reflow..

07-17-2012 01:55 PM
    The biggest problem for me is the text reflow doesn't work. I can't stand it. Also don't like new keyboard but not as bad as no reflow..

That is one of the main reasons I will not upgrade to ICS. The text reflow works so good on GB EG30. You can always replace the keyboard with something else though.
    07-17-2012 02:16 PM
    Has anyone used the original ics launcher vs touchwiz? If so is your wallpaper zoomed instead of being layed out correctly?
    07-17-2012 02:30 PM
    Has anyone used the original ics launcher vs touchwiz? If so is your wallpaper zoomed instead of being layed out correctly?
    Yes I remember this issue with the stock ICS launcher. For a workaround, download the gallery app called Quickpic from the market, and use it to set your wallpaper. It should size correctly. Actually, Quickpic is superior to the stock galley app in many ways.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-17-2012 02:36 PM
    That is one of the main reasons I will not upgrade to ICS. The text reflow works so good on GB EG30. You can always replace the keyboard with something else though.
    I can't take the reflow not working. If I knew that was removed I never would have updated. I am really thinking about flushing the phone down the toilet. Anyone know if the feature was removed or if it's just not working properly and can be fixed with an update??

07-17-2012 02:42 PM
    Why oh why did they make the icons so big for ICS... i like the clean look in gingerbread. I use go launcher and my theme icons or a fraction of the size of the regular icons now.

Any else with a different keyboard notice in the top menu bar the keyboard icon pops up and then if you swipe down it says currently in use... That is the biggest batter draw right there

hmmm other things is the pix in the contacts. 90% of my contacts dont have images so half the screen has to be taken up by that blank location. STUPID

My 4g has not worked since i got the update

my email font on small is still WAY larger then i would like it to be.

Why did they change how long to press and hold for screen cap.

I have an extended 3800 battery and it usually would last me all day at work. This battery has died in nearly 4 hours.
    07-17-2012 03:38 PM
    I can't take the reflow not working. If I knew that was removed I never would have updated. I am really thinking about flushing the phone down the toilet. Anyone know if the feature was removed or if it's just not working properly and can be fixed with an update??

It does not work on Samsung phones running ICS, and I do not think they are aware of it or think it is a problem. I was all set on getting the SG3, but once I found out text reflow did not work, I passed on the phone.
    07-17-2012 03:41 PM
    Why oh why did they make the icons so big for ICS... i like the clean look in gingerbread. I use go launcher and my theme icons or a fraction of the size of the regular icons now.

Any else with a different keyboard notice in the top menu bar the keyboard icon pops up and then if you swipe down it says currently in use... That is the biggest batter draw right there

hmmm other things is the pix in the contacts. 90% of my contacts dont have images so half the screen has to be taken up by that blank location. STUPID

My 4g has not worked since i got the update

my email font on small is still WAY larger then i would like it to be.

Why did they change how long to press and hold for screen cap.

I have an extended 3800 battery and it usually would last me all day at work. This battery has died in nearly 4 hours.
    Stupid is right bout the contacts, what were they thinking. Have you done a factory reset? Does correct most issues. Know anything about text reflow? That is also stupid

07-17-2012 03:47 PM
    It does not work on Samsung phones running ICS, and I do not think they are aware of it or think it is a problem. I was all set on getting the SG3, but once I found text reflow did not work, I passed on the phone.
    It worked just fine on E4gt GB. I don't get it. Why? Know where to go for formal complaints?

07-17-2012 03:51 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD