Both the camera and calendar apps looks unchanged from before the ICS update. I was hoping we'd have the better ICS versions that Google made or at least an updated Touchwiz version... but they seem exactly the same!
    07-12-2012 10:57 PM
    You can use sprint id and change it to the stock launcher. Same way as it was before. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 01:21 AM
    Yeah, I tried that but all that does is give you the stock launcher.

All the Samsung Touchwiz stuff is still there including their Phone app (along with their icon for it, not the ICS stock versions). It's still the TW versions of the Camera and Calendar apps, NOT the ones from stock ICS. The stock versions of camera has a different interface that matches the holo theme and has the things like face effects. Calendar has the pinch to zoom.

Anyone know how to get the stock ICS versions of those apps? They must be on Googles servers somewhere...
    07-13-2012 02:25 AM
    You can find both in the Play Store. Just search ICS Calendar or ICS Camera. You can also get the SMS Message too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 07:26 AM
    Would installing these create any conflicts with my existing apps? I imagine I would have to be rooted to be able to remove the old versions.

07-13-2012 07:39 AM
    Have found them in the Play Store, which are 3rd party versions... they seem to have overall good reviews though.

ICS Calendar seems to be working well with the pinch to zoom!

ICS Camera, the free version has ads... kind of annoying when trying to take pics. Also it does have the panorama mode, though I haven't tried it yet. I don't see the face effects though. The options seem less than the Samsung version though so I'll probably stick with that version.
    07-13-2012 12:44 PM