"Android OS" Battery Drain Issue in ICS

TouchWizard

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I've noticed that after updating to ice cream sandwich, my battery life has taken quite a hit. Looking through the battery usage statistics, a process called "Android OS" is draining a significant amount of battery, appearing very high on the list. Before, this was never an issue, and the top battery-drqining processes were quite typical. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks!
Attached is a picture of my battery usage statistics.
View attachment 30546

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am also seeing worse battery performance. Others have said a factory reset has helped. I am not at the point of doing that yet. It is a pain to re-download apps, go into each app and get the settings how I had them, etc.

TouchWizard

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
OK thanks! This followup is kind of a noobish question, but what exactly do I need to backup before I do a factory reset?

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I won't have to re update my phone correct? If it's a factors reset then factory is 2.3.6.....

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I won't have to re update my phone correct? If it's a factors reset then factory is 2.3.6.....

Lmfao. No that is not how it works. Once you update the device to OTA ICS then that is the new software. It doesnt change back to a previous version.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys give me a suggestion here. I'm draining battery like crazy and most of it is from the Android OS. I got the phone used, the Sprint store cleared it to factory original(still was on GB). So when I got the phone I had no apps on it. I then did the manual update to get ICS. I then did another reset just to be sure. I installed apps and my Android OS is sucking up power like a broke college kid sucks up Natty Light. I then did another reset and it's doing the same thing. I have my email checking once every 15 minutes and a weather widget refreshing once an hour. I've lost 30% in like 3-4hrs of really doing nothing. The Android OS used 43% of that power.

I should have just stuck with my EVO3D.

smurfette8202

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i hate doing the factory reset....but if it would help with this stupid battery draining....i guess ill give it a shot!
why is it as soon as i unplug my phone it drops down to 99% wats up with that.