ICS Battery (What Do You Think) - Better, Worst or the Same?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I did the manual update and this is my first full day using the phone as of right now at 11am and 5 hours off the charger my battery is at 68%. Pretty good I think for my average use of a couple phone calls, text messages and looking on here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine's definitely worse. I said in a post yesterday that I'd normally average between a day and 1 day 15 hours (ish) on a full charge. I've just recharged again after getting 17 hours on ICS.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's hard for me to say honestly. It seems worse but I have also been playing with it a lot more than normal too. It is probably going to take a little while to know for sure.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ive been on FF18 OTA sense yesterday. I was getting errors and glitches left and right. I did a factory reset and my battery has improved 2x bettery then EL29 2.3.6 and overall smoothness has increased. Just do a factory reset and your battery life will increase. I am very very happy with FF18 OTA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

roninlb

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
No battery problems here since the upgrade. Like Dark Knight mentioned above, once I finished the manual update, i rebooted the system, cleared the data for Swype and everything is working great. The battery seems about the same, but then again, I've never had any battery issues with my phone. Still lasts all day unless I play with it a lot.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it seems about the same. I'm at 68% now after using it since 7:30ish this morning, which is pretty normal for me.

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
"Factory reset", seriously? :-\ I'll give it a try and if not, I might as well root and custom ROM at that point. Thanks for the tip though, at least F18 isn't a total lost cause. :)

treotimAC

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Definitely worse. I'm sure it's app related but I don't have a clue which apps are to blame. Could it be Go Launcher?

TouchWizard

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ive been on FF18 OTA sense yesterday. I was getting errors and glitches left and right. I did a factory reset and my battery has improved 2x bettery then EL29 2.3.6 and overall smoothness has increased. Just do a factory reset and your battery life will increase. I am very very happy with FF18 OTA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This man speaks the truth! After the factory reset my battery's been great, even better than EL29.

treotimAC

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So backup my apps and then do a factory reset? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks.

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Doing a reset now....post back when finished
My Battery life yesterday after updating to ICS was just this side of pathetic. From full charge to 40% in 6.5 hours!

*Edit*
My battery life has been restored as other have noted. I did a Factory reset and am on 4g instead of wifi and my battery is holding it's own.
Nice tip from my bro's here in the forum.

Last edited:

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Worse for me... 3 hrs and down to 80 percent and did a factory reset 3 times now

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My latest update isn't pretty. Down to 89% after 1h 5mins of doing nothing at all and 'Do Not Keep Activities' checked in Developer Options. Before this my battery was discharging at about 3-4% per hour at rest on GB. Very disappointed, and this is after a factory reset.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Those having battery issues, do you have wifi on? If so, try turning it off and see if things improve. If it improves, try setting wifi to sleep when your phone sleeps.

For the last several ICS builds, I was having much higher than normal idle battery drain while on wifi. Turning it off improved drain significantly. So then I changed the setting to have wifi sleep when the phone sleeps, and all was good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12