Is anyone else experiencing problems with Pandora?

derpotron9001

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I got the ICS update yesterday using the manual install method (thanks, JayWill72!) and so far I love it. I've run into a small hiccup, though:

Pandora doesn't work. At all. I've signed in, tried playing a station, and all that happens is an infinite buffer loop. It'll give up, move to the next track, attempt to buffer and repeat.

Is there a workaround for this issue? Or should I just wait for an update?

From Whiterun, with love.

joe.stay

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using pandora right now and it's working perfectly fine. I'm in Orange County, CA. I too updated manually to ICS yesterday.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded Pandora and mines works fine as well. Did you do a factory reset after you installed ICS? Just curious.

dazed.dnc

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even using an android, just using the online player, and I've been having issues with it all week. The audio is glitchy, like listening to a CD that has been scratched. I tried again a few hours ago and the site was extremely slow to load. It doesn't appear to be a problem with my internet service as all other sites and streaming content works fine.

mthomas456

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue. Worked fine before I upgraded to ICS. Get's to 1, or 2% buffer and skips on 3G. Works fine on Wifi. Tried all sorts of things to fix it but no go. New PRLs, erasing proxy settings, clearing data, reinstalling, older versions of the Pandora app ect.. Only way I can get it to work is to force roaming to Verizon. Even on their 1xRTT network with bandwidth of about 120kbps it seems to work no problem. It isn't a speed issue since i'm getting 1.2mbps on Sprint 3G.

Same issue on a friend's Galaxy S3, Sprint. It has to be something with Sprint, ICS and Pandora. Not sure what is going wrong in that combination.

CharRaja

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem, buffering 2% then loading and skipping songs over and over. This didn't start happening until I received a big update from Sprint to my Galaxy S2. I have removed the battery like suggested from Pandora help and uninstalled the app and reinstalled several times. It worked for about two songs each time I uninstalled and went right back to the buffering and loading but never played. My boyfriend has ATT IPHONE and is not having this problem with his Pandora.

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
On every leaked build and the OTA ICS ive had on my phone, pandora would buffer like crazy on wifi or 3g. It never did it on Gingerbread.

allcitypics

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. 1-2% buffer every time. Started happening after update. Same as everyone else. I have yet to read a solution. And yes I have Sprint

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. 1-2% buffer every time. Started happening after update. Same as everyone else. I have yet to read a solution. And yes I have Sprint

Same as everyone else here too. WOrks fine on wifi, but no go on 3G. It used to work just fine. Can't wait for my new phone to arrive with gingerbread back on it.

derpotron9001

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: I rooted my phone and flashed AOKP Milestone 6, and Pandora now works on 3G. If you're comfortable with doing such things, it fixes a few other things as well. My battery drain has been significantly reduced, among other things.

Sent from Whiterun, with love.

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I had the same thing happening to mine for a few days and I was getting mad...

so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, restarted my phone with a battery pull and it is now working fine. Hope it stays that way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam