Charging Paused- Voltage too high

blitzen89

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I get this popup every few minutes, and my phone seems to think my battery is charging constantly even if it's not plugged in... This has only happened since the ICS update, and I've already tried cleaning it out and aligning the USB pin...

I've seen a suggestion to turn off usb charging after dialing ##3282# but I havent been able to successfully get my MSL to even mess with that

Any ideas on a solution, I haven't found an answer at XDA yet, but figured if anyone knew, you guys would.. Thanks in advance

catgut

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have this same problem. I have re-flashed ICS, cleared cache and rooted. Nothing has helped so far. Its also dropping voltage like crazy now. Please help!

sarcigon

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same exact issue and tried everything after the ICS update.

I went back to GB EL29, wipe everything then flash and that seemed to fix the problem, although now my Win7 PC doesn't see my phone even with all the drivers installed.
Not even my work computer see it.

This damned ICS update screwed everything up, also WiFi is not playing nice after the update.

blitzen89

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I personally think it has something to do with the car charger I used... Looking at what alot of people on other forums are saying, it seems to be a common cause... However, even though I havent used the charger for a few days, I still have the issues.

Took it to sprint and said they had no idea