Slower Wimax after ics update

vanillagorilla518

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
is anyone else experiencing slower wimax speeds after the recent ics update ? my sPeeds have gone from 7mbs to 700 kbs download . my upload speeds haven't changed at all though . i did a factory reset but it did nothing . i just want to know.if this update or the recent lte network update. i don't live anywhere near those cities though. anyone have any suggestions ?

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed my speeds slowing down a bit, I used to get about 6 down and 1 up, now I'm getting 3 down and about 7500kb up so almost half. I had not done a factory reset as of yet, but I am tempted too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I went waaaay down. From 8-13mb down to 700k-3mb. This sucks big time, especially with wifi that keeps dropping off since the update. I can't keep a wifi connection for more than 30 min and it won't reconnect by itself unless I turn it off then back on real quick.

mitsueks

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I was playing with the SIII and EVO LTE today at work since San Antonio now has LTE and my SII had better speedtest than the EVO LTE. I pulled 11.8 mb down on the SII and the EVO ran 6.5. Now the SIII ran 31 mb down and 24 mb up.

I will take 11 mb down anyday from a wimax device.

Qdaos

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I line in NYC and since the update my sg2 will not connect to wifi and is not getting 4g. When I turn on 4g it lights up as if to work for a couple of seconds and the a X appears under the 4g. Right now I cannot connect to the Internet and if I do it takes forever. Sprint should have held out on this update, they waited this long! This sucks!!!!!!!

Utah_Utes_Man

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
4g Wi Max speeds are the same for me in Slc, UT. I got 11.3Mbps down today.
However the 4G will occasionally stop downloading, doesn't say sleeping, just no data transfer. and all i can do to get it working again is toggle 4g off and back on.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I went waaaay down. From 8-13mb down to 700k-3mb. This sucks big time, especially with wifi that keeps dropping off since the update. I can't keep a wifi connection for more than 30 min and it won't reconnect by itself unless I turn it off then back on real quick.

I thought I was the only one whose wifi would disconnect after some time passes when the phone is idle. Never did it with gingerbread. Very upset with the bugginess of this rollout!

Can't get wifi direct to work either so now I can't share files with my wife's phone.

scspeedy

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
This is after ICS update. Super slow.
Brooklyn, New York

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member