So, is the facebook "Connection Error" screen a problem for everyone who upgraded to ICS (factory reset didn't fixed it)? Anytime I click ona FB thread, I get that screen for 1 sec, then it goes through to the thread.

Is there a fix I haven't tried, or do we just have to live with it?
    07-16-2012 07:50 AM
    Try Friendcaster or Fast for Facebook

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.senab.blueNotify

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.fastfacebook.com

Sent from another Galaxy... S II
    07-16-2012 08:03 AM
    I get this error also...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 08:07 AM
    No problems with Facebook here. I don't think it matters how I updated, but I used the update provided by sfhub over at XDA via flashable zip.
    07-16-2012 09:36 AM
    I updated to the new Facebook update prior to updating to ICS. I was getting the antenna and connection error the. Having what I was loading to appear. After ICS it does it less but I think it's the app and no one noticed it prior.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-16-2012 10:12 AM
    The Facebook app sucks so bad anyways, I'm using friendcaster now. Thanks for the recommendation.

07-16-2012 10:18 AM
    I just installed Friendcaster since everyone seems to rave about it. I can't sign in though, it just keeps cycling back to the Login Screen. Might as well keep the regular FB app then I suppose
    07-16-2012 10:54 AM
    Since the update to ics, I haven't been able to update my status or check in anywhere on the Facebook app. I also get the loss of connection error but usually clears up after the option button for most recent/top stories finishes updating.
    07-16-2012 11:38 AM
    I have a S2 and my wife has a Photon and recently both phones have been getting yhe connection issue with the antenna picture. I am sure its a Facebook issue. Worked fine in both phones before the last update.

07-16-2012 11:44 AM
    It's the Official FB app. The issue was there pre-ICS and it is still there post ICS. It's not all the time for me, just once in a while, and it really isn't a major issue. That being said, I have been using the Scope Beta that AC posted about a while back and it's a great app. Makes the official FB app pretty much unnecessary.
    07-16-2012 10:23 PM
    So, is the facebook "Connection Error" screen a problem for everyone who upgraded to ICS (factory reset didn't fixed it)? Anytime I click ona FB thread, I get that screen for 1 sec, then it goes through to the thread.

Is there a fix I haven't tried, or do we just have to live with it?
    I have had this problem with all of the leaked builds of ICS, even with the official OTA ICS.
    IDK what the issue is, but i do know some apps are not compatable or will have issues with ICS...give it some time and im sure facebook will update the app.
    07-16-2012 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD