Phone Battery Trainning

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to train phone batterys for them to display the percentage correctly? I know these are new LiIon batteries that shouldn't need that.

I'm not having an issue yet, but I never go past 40 percent in a day before I recharge. (in part because this phone has great battery life.) Just wanted to know if I should run it down to 5 percent on occation, and if the phone somehow takes note of it...

Thanks.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You are correct. The batteries don't need to be trained. But, some feel that the phone needs to be trained on what is truly full capacity on the battery. That is why you will find the training/conditioning threads.

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I just got this phone 2 days ago and my battery was at 50% in 3 hours. :( Something is really draining it but not much running and have turned the screen brightness down to half. Suggestions?

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
redhdgirl417: This is not the thread for battery issues. This thread is addressing a specific question about the battery. The GS2 on Gingerbread has fantastic battery life...

Things you can do:
1. Drop your screen to 35% (still plenty bright, and more so than most phones) brightness and turn off auto brightness
2. Go into settings, accounts and sync. (make sure you diable all teh apps you do't want syncing. Uncheck things like skype, facebook and others. Only enable gmail, and any pop3 mail accounts you may have. Also, tell those that are syncing, to sync every hour and not every few minutes.
3. Turn off your 4G, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth when you are not using them.
4. Look at your cell signal. If it's close to 1 bar, then you may be getting battery drain from signal searching.
5. After all this, power down the phone and take the battery out. Put it back in and power up to get a fresh start.

After these are done, you should have great battery life. I can get through a day 7:30am-10:00pm and still have 50% left on lite use.

You may have an app that is pulling the battery down. These are hard to find, there are threads related to this.

If the above doesn't work, You may have a defective phone/or battery that the Sprint store can switch out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007