foxfi won't work with new 4.0.4 update today

Frecky

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have Samsung galaxy s ii. Foxfi worked before, not now. I uninstalled foxfi, reinstalled and also downloaded foxfi add on. While this new update has created many issues on my phone, not being able to use with my pc is the greatest issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frecky

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid they would do that. I wonder if foxfi will figure a way around that like they did when play store took foxfi off. Now can i get back my original gingerbread version so I can use foxfi again.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The Foxfi download page suggests they're working on it. And considering the update wasn't officially announced for our phones until last week, it seems like they're pretty much on the ball, this quote comes direct from the link below:

FoxFi Installer
Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on

Frecky

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for the information. My question now is: How can we be notified when Foxfi will become compatible with ios update.

boomkitty

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
FYI, before you had to pay to bluetooth tether. Seems to work free of charge on ice cream sandwich. So bluetooth tethering is a free alternative in the meantime.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the bluetooth tethering on my Samsung Tab 2 and it is working fine. You just have to download the pdanet on the tablet side and pair it. You can use that until they update the software for our phone.

Reactions: Frecky

rnoldh

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a 9 month old Sprint GalaxyII ( Epic 4G Touch )

Foxfi worked great till the update yesterday. I thought it might be me or my specific hardware, but after reading this thread I think it is a Sprint thing and I hope a Foxfi update comes soon.

After much tinkering today, I did get the Bluetooth DUN on FoxFi to work on my laptop ( a Dell Core2 Studio ) and my Imac ( yes, I have an Imac!!! )

Considering the "benefits" of Android 4.0.04 on the S2, I wish I could go back to 2 and have a functioning Foxfi. But I guess I will live with the Bluetooth tethering and hope that Foxfi addresses the issue soon.

Androidia

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Because I rarely have time to get on my computer, except while on the run at hotspots, I don't have internet access at my house and didn't realize until today that the recent Sprint update foisted on me by Sprint cut me off from tethering. I see others have known for a month. Thanks for the info. I'll stop banging my head against the proverbial wall and try bluetooth
I hope Foxfi finds a workaround (at least till thwarted again). Watch for a bluetooth block in the near future.

rnoldh

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Because I rarely have time to get on my computer, except while on the run at hotspots, I don't have internet access at my house and didn't realize until today that the recent Sprint update foisted on me by Sprint cut me off from tethering. I see others have known for a month. Thanks for the info. I'll stop banging my head against the proverbial wall and try bluetooth
I hope Foxfi finds a workaround (at least till thwarted again). Watch for a bluetooth block in the near future.

!!! You are right.

I posted above you that FoxFi stopped working for me with the ICS update but that I was still able to use Bluetooth tethering.

Well, as of a week ago the Bluetooth tethering stopped working too. And this happened on both my HP laptop and my Imac. So I'm pretty sure it was a Sprint software modification that stopped FoxFi Bluetooth tethering.

I am going to give it a few weeks and then root then phone, though I would prefer not to.

Does anyone have any experience with rooting after the ICS update. And of course, were you able to use a hotspot app after the rooting. I love FoxFi but I think it is primarily for non-rooted phones. Anyone know of this and if FoxFi or another app would be best after a root?