foxfi won't work with new 4.0.4 update today

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to be rooted. I use it and I am on stock ICS. But it only works for internet, but not for netflix or downloading things. Hopefully they are close to making it work. Does anyone know if there is another wifi tethering that does work with our phone?

22bad4u2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The Foxfi download page suggests they're working on it. And considering the update wasn't officially announced for our phones until last week, it seems like they're pretty much on the ball, this quote comes direct from the link below:

FoxFi Installer
Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on

Installation instructions (for Sprint/AT&T Users):
1. Make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked in phone Settings (under Applications or Developer).

2. Tap on the following links to download the apk file for FoxFi.

3. From phone notifications select the downloaded file. This will install FoxFi.

FoxFi latest version: 1.91.3

:D

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
1. Make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked in phone Settings (under Applications or Developer).

3. From phone notifications select the downloaded file. This will install FoxFi.

:D

Not sure why you posted that, lol :D

It's easy enough to install, it just doesn't work with the ICS update.

ackansami

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of an alternative to FoxFi? Since it still does not work on 4.0.04, not the WiFi and neither bluetooth. I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 with Simple Mobile. Can I downgrade to 2.3? Please help!!!

Last edited:

thedon8253

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Use svtp Wi-Fi tether and USB. It's in the market under Wi-Fi tether. It works like foxfi.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

willietee18

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Foxfi on my Galaxy 2 and either I did something wrong or Sprint is not letting it work. My tablet recognizes Foxfi but keeps saying its looking for an IP address

ppalmer320

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem with Foxfi not working with ice cream sandwich. I downloaded the new version 1.91.3 apx file from foxfi.com (FoxFi Installer) to my phone and had to follow the instructions on the foxfi website to install it and now it works perfect with ice cream sandwich on my droid 4. Thank you very much for you post.

evofever

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem with Foxfi not working with ice cream sandwich. I downloaded the new version 1.91.3 apx file from foxfi.com (FoxFi Installer) to my phone and had to follow the instructions on the foxfi website to install it and now it works perfect with ice cream sandwich on my droid 4. Thank you very much for you post.

NOt to sound rude but this is a thread for Samsung Epic 4G Touch, not the Droid. The website says it will not work on this device. Have I missed something or was this a post meant to be somewere else?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
At this point, it's not gonna happen. It's simply taken too long for the app to be updated. Whatever Sprint did really worked for them.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I think we're all able to get it to install, it just doesn't work since the ICS rollout.

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My FoxFi works just fine with update, laptop sees it and will connect instantly. Used to use PadNet but for me it was a little laborious to deal with

Methinks you are mistaken, as even the FoxFi site acknowledges that since the update it has not worked for E4GT or GS3, so I do not see how it could be working for you after ICS update.....

*Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update.

ggraham1

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
A) My SPH-D710, 4.0.4, s: D710.10 S.FH13 is NOT rooted.
B) I live in the country so no 4g, 3G only for me
C) have a pos Acer laptop
D) Running the latest version of FoxFi connected through bluetooth DUN and surfing the web.

Now obviously, living in the country and on 3g, I'm not surfing very quickly...but hopefully this will get me through as I begin to travel more throughout the year. As you can see in the pic I have my wifi off. Hope this helps others. Also on use Sprint!
2012-09-26 22.45.36.jpg

Last edited:

blackstone39

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey New to the forum, any way , I have the sprint 3d phone and did a update to android 4.0
And Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tab, yesterday after much
trying, installed the foxfi Bluetooth tethering and it actual works

---------- Post Merged at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Hey New to the forum, any way , I have the sprint 3d phone and did a update to android 4.0
And Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tab, yesterday after much
trying, installed the foxfi Bluetooth tethering and it actual works

abdrazak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my S3 updated and now the phone is screwed...i can't teether and at times the sms keep closing on its own..also it lags terribly now...
I thought updates are for better performance but this looks like it is the reverse..hopefully samsung will look into all the feedbacks and do something abt this before they lose out to apple...

PinkPeebles

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from and EVO 3D to Photon Q on Sprint and so far my laptop picks up the wifi signal, but it's having internet connection issues like everyone else seems to be having. Sigh, but PdaNet works flawless.

Motorola Photon Q w/ ICS 4.0.4