Problems with 4.0.4 version. Can Gingerbread be restored?

Frecky

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I would like my gingerbread version back. Too many problems with ice cream sandwich version.

Is it possible to revert back?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

zdwuerf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Great ideas, very poorly executed. I am not positive, but I think it is impossible to go back. Wish I didn't update.

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I never jumped into any of the ota updates because I don't like the idea of breaking what works perfectly. (at least for some) I'm still running the eg30 build so if i try and update from there will i run into any problems? How about if I decide that ics isn't for me, can i go back to my eg30 with no issue?

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Once you are upgrade to ICS via the OTA update, there is no going back to GB without rooting and flashing a ROM. If you are already rooted, and flashed to ICS, then you likely do not need to be told how to go back to GB.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
what about trying to take the phone back to Sprint and have them replace it with a new phone?

They most likely will NOT replace it if it's not something MAJOR not working. Poor signal, battery drain, etc will NOT get you a new phone.

SOURCES: Sister works at a Sprint Solution Center.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I never jumped into any of the ota updates because I don't like the idea of breaking what works perfectly. (at least for some) I'm still running the eg30 build so if i try and update from there will i run into any problems? How about if I decide that ics isn't for me, can i go back to my eg30 with no issue?

I thought I was one of the only ones still on EG30. You will have to be rooted, and have backup of EG30 to go back to it. I flashed the ICS update awhile back, and I did not like it, so I went back to EG30. QBking77 has a video on youtube on how to go back to EG30.

Last edited:

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I would like my gingerbread version back. Too many problems with ice cream sandwich version.

Have you considered doing a factory reset?
Its amazing how some people....have issues, some don't.....some have great battery life, some don't. I wonder if its existing apps or existing gingerbread data saved by apps that is playing right with ICS.
I did a factory reset after ICS was installed. No issues here at all...battery life is the same as before, great! I knew this was a big update so i just wanted to have a fresh start with ICS on my phone.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Have you considered doing a factory reset?
Its amazing how some people....have issues, some don't.....some have great battery life, some don't. I wonder if its existing apps or existing gingerbread data saved by apps that is not playing right with ICS.
I did a factory reset after ICS was installed. No issues here at all...battery life is the same as before, great! I knew this was a big update so i just wanted to have a fresh start with ICS on my phone.

Reactions: Frecky

Frecky

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Reply to mid aged man.
Mainly, not being able to use FoxFi, but I asked about that in another thread. I also don't like change, it's like when they move all products in the grocery store, takes awhile to find things and adjust. I probably won't do a factory reset. I'll adjust and use pda.net til foxfi updates.:rolleyes:

bluemagicx

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Just go to the Foxfi web site and get thelatest version. Works great on my wifes phone after the ICS update! BY the way, she is having zero issues. I haven't upgraded mine yet.

ready2rise

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was one of the only ones still on EG30. You will have to be rooted, and have backup of EG30 to go back to it. I flashed the ICS update awhile back, and I did not like it, so I went back to EG30. QBking77 has a video on youtube on how to go back to EG30.

I actually haven't updated mostly because of some features I would miss. Namely just the scrolling wallpaper lol. I know it's petty, but I feel its really ed to have to center or pick what area of wallpaper you'd like to be stuck staring at. There are features that I don't actually use on gingerbread that I know I wouldn't on ICS with even more features. For me eg30 has been absolutely perfect. Only about 5-7 force close issues since I've had it. No LOS. Nothing. Can someone make a rom and theme of ICS that has wallpaper scroll, overscroll bounce, overclockable cpu, silent cam, music volume rockers control playback/skip, and stable! Hell I'd pay for it lol! Easy to make me happy when there aren't a million issues.