I would like my gingerbread version back. Too many problems with ice cream sandwich version.

Is it possible to revert back?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 06:08 PM
    Yes, you can, but you are gonna have to do a full restore and/or flash the EL26 Kernel and if you did a nandroid (hope you did) then restore it.

WARNING: You can't do a GB nandroid restore from within ICS, you will brick your phone.

Just follow the instruccions on this thread, I had to do the same thing after my ICS update.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433101
    07-16-2012 06:40 PM
    I have the same problem. Great ideas, very poorly executed. I am not positive, but I think it is impossible to go back. Wish I didn't update.
    07-16-2012 06:44 PM
    I never jumped into any of the ota updates because I don't like the idea of breaking what works perfectly. (at least for some) I'm still running the eg30 build so if i try and update from there will i run into any problems? How about if I decide that ics isn't for me, can i go back to my eg30 with no issue?
    07-16-2012 06:52 PM
    Once you are upgrade to ICS via the OTA update, there is no going back to GB without rooting and flashing a ROM. If you are already rooted, and flashed to ICS, then you likely do not need to be told how to go back to GB.
    07-16-2012 10:45 PM
    what about trying to take the phone back to Sprint and have them replace it with a new phone?
    07-16-2012 11:12 PM
    what about trying to take the phone back to Sprint and have them replace it with a new phone?
    I suppose you could try. If they do, it will likely be refurbished, not new.
    07-16-2012 11:58 PM
    We have a corporate account so we'll see what they say...
    07-16-2012 11:59 PM
    They most likely will NOT replace it if it's not something MAJOR not working. Poor signal, battery drain, etc will NOT get you a new phone.

SOURCES: Sister works at a Sprint Solution Center.
    07-17-2012 12:01 AM
    I never jumped into any of the ota updates because I don't like the idea of breaking what works perfectly. (at least for some) I'm still running the eg30 build so if i try and update from there will i run into any problems? How about if I decide that ics isn't for me, can i go back to my eg30 with no issue?
    I thought I was one of the only ones still on EG30. You will have to be rooted, and have backup of EG30 to go back to it. I flashed the ICS update awhile back, and I did not like it, so I went back to EG30. QBking77 has a video on youtube on how to go back to EG30.
    07-17-2012 02:22 AM
    I would like my gingerbread version back. Too many problems with ice cream sandwich version.

Have you considered doing a factory reset?
    Its amazing how some people....have issues, some don't.....some have great battery life, some don't. I wonder if its existing apps or existing gingerbread data saved by apps that is playing right with ICS.
    I did a factory reset after ICS was installed. No issues here at all...battery life is the same as before, great! I knew this was a big update so i just wanted to have a fresh start with ICS on my phone.
    07-17-2012 05:36 AM

Have you considered doing a factory reset?
    Its amazing how some people....have issues, some don't.....some have great battery life, some don't. I wonder if its existing apps or existing gingerbread data saved by apps that is not playing right with ICS.
    I did a factory reset after ICS was installed. No issues here at all...battery life is the same as before, great! I knew this was a big update so i just wanted to have a fresh start with ICS on my phone.
    Frecky likes this.
    07-17-2012 05:38 AM
    I think I missed it, but what issues are you encountering?
    07-18-2012 09:57 AM
    Reply to mid aged man.
    Mainly, not being able to use FoxFi, but I asked about that in another thread. I also don't like change, it's like when they move all products in the grocery store, takes awhile to find things and adjust. I probably won't do a factory reset. I'll adjust and use pda.net til foxfi updates.:rolleyes:
    07-19-2012 07:30 PM
    i haven't gotten the update yet...wonder whats so long
    07-19-2012 11:34 PM
    Just go to the Foxfi web site and get thelatest version. Works great on my wifes phone after the ICS update! BY the way, she is having zero issues. I haven't upgraded mine yet.
    07-20-2012 12:18 AM
    I thought I was one of the only ones still on EG30. You will have to be rooted, and have backup of EG30 to go back to it. I flashed the ICS update awhile back, and I did not like it, so I went back to EG30. QBking77 has a video on youtube on how to go back to EG30.
    I actually haven't updated mostly because of some features I would miss. Namely just the scrolling wallpaper lol. I know it's petty, but I feel its really ed to have to center or pick what area of wallpaper you'd like to be stuck staring at. There are features that I don't actually use on gingerbread that I know I wouldn't on ICS with even more features. For me eg30 has been absolutely perfect. Only about 5-7 force close issues since I've had it. No LOS. Nothing. Can someone make a rom and theme of ICS that has wallpaper scroll, overscroll bounce, overclockable cpu, silent cam, music volume rockers control playback/skip, and stable! Hell I'd pay for it lol! Easy to make me happy when there aren't a million issues.
    07-20-2012 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD