Got ICS Update over night on my Galaxy S2 (Sprint)

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
So I woke up this morning and checked my phone for email and got a message that an update was ready to be applied. I hit "ok" and the phone applied the update to ICS 4.0.4.

So far I have noticed that FoxFi Wifi does not work anymore. :(

Anyone have any suggestions for FoxFi on ICS?

Everything else seems ok so far.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

martman7208

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of accepting the update. My phone went into a "high voltage" mode that had the battery discharging all the time. I took the phone back to Spring and the re-installed Gingerbread. There are too many bugs with ICS right now.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had the update available for a few days now and haven't done it because so many people are saying that they regret doing it.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's like a brand new phone now. I am totally loving the stock ICS launcher and the new fonts. Everything is working except for Foxfi, but I hardly used it, so no big deal. I use Dolphin anyway, so the lack of reflow in Chrome doesn't both me. Typing on SwiftKey is even faster and smoother than before.

I used to use ADW for the drag and drop folders, but the ICS implementation blows it away (I only spent 10 cents on it so no biggie).

Email is better, no issues with Exchange sync, and haven't noticed any battery issues so far.

Oh, and the new task manager beats the pants off of the GB version. Only showing 6 apps was weak sauce.

I was also apprehensive about the upgrade, but I gotta say it's awesome.

Sssith

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
How is this being rolled out? I have seen a couple of people in my area have received it. I haven't.

Also I would be curious to hear how the upgrade is working. From the limited replies to the thread it seems to be a mixed bag.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
How is this being rolled out? I have seen a couple of people in my area have received it. I haven't.

Also I would be curious to hear how the upgrade is working. From the limited replies to the thread it seems to be a mixed bag.

My only two issues are battery life and my G4 no longer works. Before ICS, G4 worked like a champ and battery life was OK.

And yes, I have done a factory reset and still same issues.

I would LOVE to have Gingerbread back on my phone.

A rep at the Sprint store I purchased my phone from confirmed yesterday, the update has stopped due to all the issues it has caused.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20