Hello. I have a Samsung Galaxy s ii Epic touch 4 G and I updated to ICS 4.0.4 this morning. Apparently ICS does not allow USB Mass Storage so I want to go back to Gingerbread. Can someone point me to a guide that allows me to do this? Thanks!
    07-17-2012 10:23 AM
    It does...USB Mass Storage works just fine...now it says "Connected as a media device" - aka MTP. Maybe try a factory reset before trying to revert.
    07-17-2012 12:00 PM
    I have a Mac and I had to download an app called Android File Transfer, although I can't the damn thing to recognize my phone,
    07-17-2012 12:05 PM
    I have a Mac and I had to download an app called Android File Transfer, although I can't the damn thing to recognize my phone,
    Sounds like a Mac problem not an Android issue.
    thenameisnigel likes this.
    07-17-2012 12:20 PM
    This is all on PC's. The option is not on the touch interface. I've received confirmation on the the Android Developer forums that USB Mass Storage was in fact removed from the ICS official release. There are workarounds however.
    07-17-2012 01:13 PM
    This is all on PC's. The option is not on the touch interface. I've received confirmation on the the Android Developer forums that USB Mass Storage was in fact removed from the ICS official release. There are workarounds however.
    Any idea why it was removed?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-17-2012 01:32 PM
    Any idea why it was removed?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is moving in the direction of MTP, and this was Samsung embracing it.

Here was a nicely written article here on AC on the subject, including some reasons why right from the horse's mouth:

Ice Cream Sandwich explained: MTP - what is it, why use it, and how to set it up | Android Central
    07-17-2012 01:44 PM
    Out of curiosity, why do you require UMS instead of MTP?
    07-18-2012 05:41 AM
    I noticed an immediate increase in the amount of time it took to transfer files from my PC to my phone. I verified this on multiple PC's. That and running the phone with MTP meant installing software in my PC at work and IT frowns on that sort of thing here so.....
    07-18-2012 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD