What if I don't get ICS?

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Not to sound panicky, but suppose the 21st comes along and I still haven't received the ICS update. Can Sprint push it to my phone if I call customer service or take it to a store, or would this be a waste of time? Just wondering if that's an option, or would I be stuck doing the manual update.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Just do a manual update. You don't need to wait for OTA. It's the exact same official update and it's not rooting so it doesn't void your warranty.

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the update file sitting on my desktop at home ready to use, but after reading about all the issues people are having with the manual update, it concerned me. It seems like more than could be attributed to standard user error and that's why I've been waiting patiently for the OTA. However if it doesn't come by Saturday, I'll probably just give in and do it :)

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the update file sitting on my desktop at home ready to use, but after reading about all the issues people are having with the manual update, it concerned me. It seems like more than could be attributed to standard user error and that's why I've been waiting patiently for the OTA. However if it doesn't come by Saturday, I'll probably just give in and do it :)

Lmfao. That was the most noobish comment ive ever heard.

The OTA update and the OTA Manual update ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. MD5 is a 110% Perfect match. It noes not matter how you update whether its waiting for sprint to push it to ur device or you taking it and doinf it manually has no bearing on anything.

Reactions: TWC_SouthPhilly

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Dark_Knight, this is my 3rd Android phone, my first two were rooted and I've flashed plenty of roms and updates so I'm familiar with the process. I'm also aware this is the exact same update being pushed out OTA. But that doesn't explain why so many people were having so many different problems upgrading manually.

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am also wondering if I dont get the update by the 21st what I should do I am not able to do the manual update since I dont have a computer at the moment, can anyone give me ideas.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums Thanks Android Central

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am also wondering if I dont get the update by the 21st what I should do I am not able to do the manual update since I dont have a computer at the moment, can anyone give me ideas.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums Thanks Android Central

You dont need a computer to update manually. Lol.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Dark_Knight, this is my 3rd Android phone, my first two were rooted and I've flashed plenty of roms and updates so I'm familiar with the process. I'm also aware this is the exact same update being pushed out OTA. But that doesn't explain why so many people were having so many different problems upgrading manually.

Numerious things are causing issues. First is users are insisting on not doing a full data wipe. Second issue is users who go head and wipe data insist on restoring apps and app data. They are defeating the purpose of the data removal. Third is rogue apps, lots of users who are having issues download apps from the market that are not from a respected source or they DL apps that are not fully compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich Update. At the end of the day its all user errors. I know what im doing so my device runs Flawlessly.

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Numerious things are causing issues. First is users are insisting on not doing a full data wipe. Second issue is users who go head and wipe data insist on restoring apps and app data. They are defeating the purpose of the data removal. Third is rogue apps, lots of users who are having issues download apps from the market that are not from a respected source or they DL apps that are not fully compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich Update. At the end of the day its all user errors. I know what im doing so my device runs Flawlessly.

That's good to know, because doing it manually may be my only choice.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Very well said sir...

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
the official was supposed to roll out from the 12th to the 20th.any sprint store or retailer will update ur phone free of charge if u are freaking out. :p

LOL, not freaking out, I went ahead and did the manual update. Don't know why I was hesitating, seemed like a lot of people were having trouble with it but it worked like a charm. :)

byoung1989

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I feel like I am going to be the very last phone to get the update. :/

Should've done the manual update last week when it first rolled out.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I still didnt get it. I hesitated with the manual deal, which i will end up doing anyway, because getting a new OS update is like getting a package you have coming to you in the mail. You know its out for delivery because you have the tracking number so anytime a truck drives by you run to the window, only to find out that its the garbage truck or fedex (f fedex) or a moving van. Each big truck that passes you get more and more upset until 7pm (the latest it could possibly come) UPS finally shows up. Well its 7pm (20th) Sprint and you STILL havent delivered my package. I guess ill have to do the work now. Ive paid you a ton of money over the 13 years ive been with you and you make ME do the work!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm