Stock mail app

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is a repeat question but I couldn't find the answer and I'm still a noooob with this phone.

I have my stock email app set to my comcast account. I have it set to leave the messages on the server so I can also get them at home. However when I read them at home it deletes them off of the server. I've noticed that if I have an email on my phone and then read it at home it deletes it off of my phone when the email app refreshes, it's almost like the app doesn't save them emails to the app but only displays what's on the server...can I change this? I tried finding a setting for that but didn't see anything. I want to be able to keep the emails on the phone until I physically delete them.

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have Charter and if I set up to receive emails on phone I don't receive any via Outlook on my PC. Was told by my Sprint store Rep that is common with Charter...sucks. :( I came from Blackberry and never had this issue.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It has nothing to do with my internet, when I have my EVO3D the mail app would keep the emails on the phone until I deleted them, regardless if the emails were still on the server.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to account settings, tap your account.
If you don’t want email messages to be permanently deleted from your inbox after you download them to your mail program, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server option.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone? This is annoying, never had an issue with the stock mail up on my EVO3D :(

I've noticed the same behavior with the stock email client. I like to keep specific email on my phone as well as my pc. Maybe it's time to look for a different email app. It's a weird behavior for the stock app to have.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I just installed K-9. The upside is I don't lose emails from the phone after downloading the same email to my pc. There is an option to control this behavior. However, no conversation view. :confused: I can probably adjust to not having conversation view.

First impressions of K-9, not bad. GUI is a bit different, lists of options. Seems most third party mail apps don't offer conversation view.

travis2387

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I use enhanced email. K-9 has a list of bugs and problems, plus it looks like an email client that a 12 year old would think is sexy.

Sent from my Precedent using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if you are still looking for an email app solution, but I came across this article that explains how to add pop3 email accounts to a gmail account and still be able to send/receive email through the pop3 account.

It's pretty easy to setup, the gmail setup wizard has been updated from what's shown in the article, but you'll get the idea.

So far I'm liking having my main pop3 account over to my gmail account. One can even create a label shortcut to go directly to the pop3 account. The gmail app has a decent spam filter and the ability to setup different labels (folders) helps to organize the inbox. You also don't lose emails from the inbox as you download the emails off server to your pc. I also like how gmail handles conversation mode. Overall, it beats K-9 in both form & function.

travis2387

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have problems with every email client when it comes to outlook(Hotmail).its a Microsoft thing I'm sure.

Sent from my Precedent using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol