Wait for ICS update on replacement GS2 or not?

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, looking for opinions from those smarter than me (which is pretty much everyone)...

JUST swapped a defective GS2 for a refurb. Refurb is empty. Old device was rooted/Calks ROM with tons of stuff.

Should I put my old stuff on it now, then get the ICS update

-or-

Wait for the update (or get it myself), then put my stuff on.

Is one way going to be better/easier or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd put ICS on first then run it for a little while (a day or so if you can). That way you'll have a real benchmark to check against just in case things go downhill when you've put your own data back on.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd put ICS on first then run it for a little while (a day or so if you can). That way you'll have a real benchmark to check against just in case things go downhill when you've put your own data back on.

I'm thinking it'd be wiser to update first, but have nothing concrete to base that on.

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking it'd be wiser to update first, but have nothing concrete to base that on.

Well as I say, if you install it clean with absolutely nothing else there you'll actually be in a better position than a lot of us since you won't have any of your own stuff slowing it down at first. Put your own bits and pieces back afterwards and you've lost nothing and gained everything. If you do it the other way around you run the risk of ICS not performing the way you expected and having to figure out why. That's what I'd do anyway. :)

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking along the same lines.

Though I can unequivocally say that stock sucks. Sheez, it's like night and day. Doubt I will be able to wait days though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech