Who is happy w ice cream sammich?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ATTENTION EVERYONE? SPRINT AND SAMSUNG AS OF JULY 19, 2012 HAVE PULLED THE OTA UPDATE OUT DUE TO A HUGE FLOOD OF USERS HAVING TONS AND TONS OF BUGS. I CALLED SPRINT TO CONFIRM THIS AS OF July 21 2012 AT 5:43PM. I REPEAT THE UPDATE HAS BEEN HALTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am a "Happy Camper"... but proceed carefully!

Before doing the manual update on Friday, I first did a Factory Reset (including wiping USB storage). Then, after finalizing the ICS manual update, I did another full Factory Reset, before installing anything. After that, I began re-installing and re-configuring my ET4G.

It's now Sunday night and I have to say that I am EXTREMELY pleased and very pleasantly surprised how smooth the phone is performing and how well everything is working. Virtually all issues I was experiencing under GB have not revealed themselves as yet in ICS. Here are a few items have that have improved noticeably since my manual update...

- GPS getting instant position fix
- Android OS resource draw not occurring
- Battery life seems better
- WiFi performance seems better
- UI seems smoother, faster, better
- Much more!

In summary, I highly recommend CAREFULLY installing the manual ET4G ICS update, but ONLY if you're willing to take the time to do a FULL FACTORY RESET! As stated above, I actually reset twice, once before applying the update, then again after. I can't say for sure that the pre-Update reset made a difference (I personally think it did), but it certainly didn't hurt.

I hope this info helps those interested in proceeding. I was apprehensive to update after seeing all the negative info, but figured I'd give it a shot, and I'm VERY HAPPY that I did.

Good Luck!

cphil99

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Working great for me. I did the manual install on my rooted phone and also installed Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

takehiro12

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine worked great, did the manual update with no factory reset. Battery life is back up to where it was on Gingerbread but I went ahead and deleted a bunch of unused apps just to make sure it stays that way :)

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Key Lime Pie...that's the only American treat (non-trademarked) that starts with K that I know of.

Do you hear that Google??? :D:D:-$

Kandy kane. Google had a image of a kandy kane with a bunch of jelly beans in a pic at the Google io.

Sent from my Epic 4g Touch

kilen71

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving it!! Of course it's not without it's own issues, but overall, much fewer issues than Gingerbread. It was great after the update, and even better after the Factory Reset. I gained a ton of storage by doing that!

I'm thinking that the people that are screaming the loudest about how bad the ICS update is are the same people that were screaming the loudest about how horrible and painful it was that we didn't get the update sooner!! Damn Sprint and Samsung for not doing it... then Damn Sprint and Samsung for doing it!!

I'm loving it!! Thanks Sprint and Samsung!!

LS14EVR

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that the people that are screaming the loudest about how bad the ICS update is are the same people that were screaming the loudest about how horrible and painful it was that we didn't get the update sooner!! Damn Sprint and Samsung for not doing it... then Damn Sprint and Samsung for doing it!!

I'm loving it!! Thanks Sprint and Samsung!!

Not even close. I didn't care if I got the update or not. Now that I got it, I don't want it. My phone is junk. I've done factory resets and just about everything else everyone on this board has mentioned to try. No help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante