Ff18 ics --> el29 gb

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to go back to EL29 GB, from FF18 ICS? Where can you get the official file and what might the install instructions be?

Has anyone thought about doing this yet?

After a factory reset, and clean loading my apps, I still have a ton of problems. The phone was fantastic with GB on it, didn't have any issues.

ilandroid

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for sharing! I use my phone as an external harddrive and the fact that the mass storage option was removed was more than enought for me to revert. Add to that all the other issue and the answer became clear! With regards to the root, I did not want to root while on warranty. Still, I was not willing to wait for a fix. Now enjoy I enjoy the extra freedom the root provides.

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
So, how do you keep from getting ICS back on the phone once you have EL29?

I think somebody mentioned how to stop the system update notification from popping up, but it looked some-what complicated for my level of knowledge. Anyway, I had the notification come up only a couple times in the first 24 hours or so after I rolled back to EL29, and now it hasn't come up in about 3 days.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I think somebody mentioned how to stop the system update notification from popping up, but it looked some-what complicated for my level of knowledge. Anyway, I had the notification come up only a couple times in the first 24 hours or so after I rolled back to EL29, and now it hasn't come up in about 3 days.

I read a rumor that Sprint has pulled the update due to all the issues.

flewbyu

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just do what I did. I took my phone to the Sprint store and they checked my phone and found out the 4g was not working correctly and replaced the phone. When they gave me the new one it had GB and I did not update it.

I put the phone back to the way it was and it works just as my old phone worked with no battery or reception issues.

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just do what I did. I took my phone to the Sprint store and they checked my phone and found out the 4g was not working correctly and replaced the phone. When they gave me the new one it had GB and I did not update it.

I put the phone back to the way it was and it works just as my old phone worked with no battery or reception issues.

How long have you owned your phone for?

Is it still under the 14 day warranty period?

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

What steps did you use to go back to GB EL29?

Also, are you rooted with GB EL29 now?

flewbyu

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
How long have you owned your phone for?

Is it still under the 14 day warranty period?

Must have been under warranty, but I have owned the phone for 8 or 9 months. I did not get charged for the exchange and I don't believe it was under my protection plan.

They just said the phone was defective and ordered a new one and gave it to me. The phone works just like it use to because it is running GB.

I will not download ICS until they get everything fixed.

RebelMonster

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
What steps did you use to go back to GB EL29?

Also, are you rooted with GB EL29 now?

I just followed the steps to JayWill72's guide that I linked to above to roll back to GB. And I am currently rooted, I didn't continue on through the steps of how to remove the root.

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Did the sfhub root back to EL29 last night since the ICS push to my phone made it go berserk. After the OTA root it was still a bit quirky so I did a reboot from the phone and now everything is fine with Gingerbread working great.

Thanks guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc