Why does the google search widget on ICS want to display a history of everything i do on the phone (not everything, but way too much)? I mainly use the widget whenI'm trying to find phone numbers or locations of local businesses and some very specific web searches. With gingerbread, i would see a history of those searches and it was fine. When the list grew too long, I could clear it.

Now when i begin to type in the widget, I see recent contacts (basically a phone log) , some books i downloaded when i first got the phone and my recent browsing history. I don't need any of this information there. I am able to clear the browsing history by clearing the cache and browsing history, but i can't seem to clear the phone log and books. "Clear on device search history" is greyed out. I went through the menu and was directed online to my google account to place google search history on pause (it was already set to pause). Does anyone know how to stop the phone from doing this and how to clear the history completely?
    07-21-2012 03:40 AM
    Click on the widget, go to menu>settings>searchable items, then uncheck everything you don't use for search (music, bookmarks etc.) I personally just leave the Google search checked.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD