FoxFi After ICS Update

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Havent had any luck with it on any ics rom so far. look for barnnacle tether or wireless tether. Think you can get them both from the play store. If you don't see them just google apk file

redhdgirl417

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Looking at their website, foxfi.com, it now states it works on all phones with Android 4.0 where it previously stated last week it was working on getting the app running for ICS. I do believe there's a Foxfi Add-on app in the store now...try and see if it works. :)

Reactions: strabo231

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Looking at their website, foxfi.com, it now states it works on all phones with Android 4.0 where it previously stated last week it was working on getting the app running for ICS. I do believe there's a Foxfi Add-on app in the store now...try and see if it works. :)

It still says that...

FoxFi Installer
*Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Dear foxfi,
I knew you were too good to be a true
Actually, the part that's too good to be true is the add-on. It's supposed to make your tethering traffic look like web traffic, but apparently, the carrier (specifically AT&T) can totally tell anyway. Users have been given warnings about unauthorized tethering even though they're running the add-on.

I did use FoxFi here and there before the ICS update -- maybe for like 20MB altogether (hey, it's not like Sprint 3G is fast enough to rack up more than that), and I received no warnings. So there's some threshold before they bust you, but after the devs get FoxFi working again, just be warned that, like rooted tethering, it can be detected if abused.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint blocked it. Since they give most users unlimited data, they charge extra for tethering. So first they blocked Sprint phones from seeing FoxFi in Google Play and then, with the ICS update, put another lock on tethering.

The FoxFi devs are implyng they will work around this. Whether or not they can or how long it will take, we'll see.

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So they release this abomination of an OS, but lock out one of the few things I actually use.

Just awful.

Yes, Sprint enforcing their Terms of Service is just awful. Making it harder for you to steal data in an un-authorized manner makes Sprint evil. Jeez

Root the phone and get Wifi Tether from Play. If you did some research instead of whining you'd have tethering.

s_special

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
With pdanet and blue tooth tethering with foxfi I'm still able to tether fine (its not as convenient but it will work until a fix happens)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I had not seen that. Nice! I actually did like having it with gb, was kinda shocked when I found out I couldn't use it on ics

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

norstarguru

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, you have to uninstall foxfi in apps, then google foxfi and install the bin file from foxfi website. Basically you have to uninstall and reinstall to get it working....and all is good

davinwv

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, you have to uninstall foxfi in apps, then google foxfi and install the bin file from foxfi website. Basically you have to uninstall and reinstall to get it working....and all is good

If this is all that is necessary to get FoxFi working, why are the developers not telling us to uninstall/reinstall?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513